10 favourite Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of such. Is it just me or are we overloaded with good looking blokes on the current list. Young Hamilton the latest handsome gent to come under notice.

Hate them all. Great looking guys AND making a living outta footy.

Come on swoop , your not bad yourself.
That wavy blond shoulder length hair , and dreamy eyes.
I for one find you quite fetching ! ;)

I'll let my other half know. Actually she'd kill me if she knew it was my avatar. Lol. Stuck it up for a giggle a few weeks ago when players partners were being discussed. Now I can't find my Bulldog. Oops.

We're you redicuously rich ?
Is it ok to say she is very nice ?
Your a lucky man !

1 Doug Hawkins
2 Gary Dempsey
3 Kelvin Templeton
4 Chris Grant
5 Ian Dunstan
6 Laurie Sandilands
7 Simon Beasley
8. The Bont
9. Brad Johnson
10 Simon Atkins
Better memory than me Fred

I've only recently started watching the game since 07, my first year of membership with the Dogs so my top 10 only includes players I have seen play. Also I'm not holding grudges on players who have left the club. In no particular order
1. Jarrod Harbrow- always liked him when he was at the Dogs, was definitely my favourite player for the short time he was here. Was devistated when he left
2. Brad Johnson- how can you not love him - seriously
3. Jake Stringer- lost count of how many times I have said "I love this guy" when he does something special
4. Marcus Bontempelli- A fine young man, and a fine footballer.
5. Robert Murphy- just exemplifies Bulldog spirit.
6. Daniel Giansiracusa- Was lucky enough to meet him at one of those Cadbury Super Team thingos. Was a very nice man and helped me us out trying to get autographs from other players.
7. Jason Akermanis- showman
8. Tom Boyd- Grand Final day he was my hero. Not really done much since but he definitely contributed well to the best day of my sports watching life. Hoping he gets well soon.
9. Caleb Daniel- comes from around my part of town, and just really has a good story behind him.
10. Lewis Young- honestly best debut I have seen, and everybody says I need to stop talking about him all day, so I guess he just has to go on this list. Could quickly become my favourite current player.

Speaking of such. Is it just me or are we overloaded with good looking blokes on the current list. Young Hamilton the latest handsome gent to come under notice.

Hate them all. Great looking guys AND making a living outta footy.

Yeah I've noticed this too. When we first traded for Boyd I actually thought he was too handsome for us. That was before Easton Wood grew into his looks and we got all these Dunkley, Mclean, Young types. Combined with some of the older ones like Dahl. Even Stringer has a rugged handsomeness or maybe it's more of a raw potency/virility. I think it's become part of our identity having all these really good looking players.

Favourite Players *

1. Chris Grant - Brilliant player and criminally underrated in the non-Bulldog football world. Dominant at both CHF and CHB. Nicest bloke you'll ever meet and a travesty he was denied a premiership medal and Brownlow.

2. Bob Murphy - Don't know if I'll get over him not being a player in last year's GF. As a player, extremely skilful, poised, evasive and composed. Led our club on field out of a very bleak time after 2014 to set us on the path to the ultimaye glory. Bleeds for and loves the club, and an excellent and intelligent bloke.

3. Brian Royal - Loved Chocco in the 80's and early 90's. Loved his weird goal celebration with that shake of the head, gutsy as hell, loyal through several very lean years.

4. Tony Liberatore
- A player who bled and more for our club. Opposition players hated him and with good reason, but for us, he got everything out of himself and more, always put himself before the team, and was prepared to give everything and get in people's faces in order for us to win.

5. Jim Edmund - Edmund was my first favourite player in the 80's when I first started following us, and fond memories of him leading us in the awesome 1985 season, and of course that Collingwood game in 84. Old fashioned player. Was immensely annoyed when he left.

6. Marcus Bontempelli - Strange how a player only in his 4th year is on the list but how bloody good is he? Just unbelievable to watch, already a great leader as well as a great player.

7. Dale Morris - Absolute legend. Plays every game with no regard for his own safety, has saved games for us on multiple occasions by shutting down players much taller and stronger than he uis.

8. Leon Cameron - I liked Leon so much as a player I named my BF moniker after him. I would rated only Akermanis and Dougie as being a better kick on both sides of their body than Leon. A star player in our defence in our years up the top in 1997-1999. Still irritated at his playing for Richmond and coaching GWS though.

9. Luke Darcy - We were cruelly deprived of him when he did his knee during the 2005-2006. He was one of the original mobile ruckman - dominant in the ruck, excellent around the ground and a huge threat up forward.

10. Daniel Cross - Just a player of pure heart. Wasn't a skilful or flashy player, simply hard and courageous every single week.

Best Players **

1. Doug Hawkins - Hawkins was unbelievable to watch in the 80's. Sublime left and right foot kick, knew how to kick goals, and stood out like a sore thumb every year in the 80's when we were mostly a crap side, and was our best player in 85 when we were a good side.

2. Chris Grant - Already commented on above.

3. Brad Johnson - Played above his size in the forward line and carried us there for years, very skilful wingman in the 90's and a great leader.

4. Marcus Bontempelli
- Yes, I already rate him as one of the best players I've seen. Fairly certain he'll be number one by the time he retires.

5. Scott West - Pure consistency. Lightening fast hands, and just kept on getting the ball each week.

6. Simon Beasley - The best forward I've seen play for the club. Was unstoppable at times, kicked multiple bags for us in one of the toughest eras of footy ever played and on more than capable opponents.

7. Bob Murphy - Already commented on above.

8. Brian Lake - Amazing full back, one of the best I've ever seen. Just read everything so well and the best player we had during 2008-10.

9. Scott Wynd - Easily the best ruckman we've had in my time following the club. He won the Brownlow as a ruckman - the last one to have done so (I think?). Also loved how he played each week despite the pain in his knees which meant he rarely kicked the ball.

10. Ryan Griffen - Yeah, yeah I know...but at his best he was pretty bloody good for us. Explosive pace, booming, powerful kick, and our best finals player in several woeful finals for us.

*Other favourite players in random order - Tom Boyd, Steve MacPherson, Lindsay Gilbee, Matthew Croft, James Cook, Steve Kolynuik, Steve Wallis, Andrew Purser, Matthew Dent.

** I've only included players I've actually seen play. No doubt the likes of Whitten, Templeton, Dempsey etc belong on our best list but as I never saw them I've left them off.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Favourite Players *

1. Chris Grant - Brilliant player and criminally underrated in the non-Bulldog football world. Dominant at both CHF and CHB. Nicest bloke you'll ever meet and a travesty he was denied a premiership medal and Brownlow.

2. Bob Murphy - Don't know if I'll get over him not being a player in last year's GF. As a player, extremely skilful, poised, evasive and composed. Led our club on field out of a very bleak time after 2014 to set us on the path to the ultimaye glory. Bleeds for and loves the club, and an excellent and intelligent bloke.

3. Brian Royal - Loved Chocco in the 80's and early 90's. Loved his weird goal celebration with that shake of the head, gutsy as hell, loyal through several very lean years.

4. Tony Liberatore
- A player who bled and more for our club. Opposition players hated him and with good reason, but for us, he got everything out of himself and more, always put himself before the team, and was prepared to give everything and get in people's faces in order for us to win.

5. Jim Edmund - Edmund was my first favourite player in the 80's when I first started following us, and fond memories of him leading us in the awesome 1985 season, and of course that Collingwood game in 84. Old fashioned player. Was immensely annoyed when he left.

6. Marcus Bontempelli - Strange how a player only in his 4th year is on the list but how bloody good is he? Just unbelievable to watch, already a great leader as well as a great player.

7. Dale Morris - Absolute legend. Plays every game with no regard for his own safety, has saved games for us on multiple occasions by shutting down players much taller and stronger than he uis.

8. Leon Cameron - I liked Leon so much as a player I named my BF moniker after him. I would rated only Akermanis and Dougie as being a better kick on both sides of their body than Leon. A star player in our defence in our years up the top in 1997-1999. Still irritated at his playing for Richmond and coaching GWS though.

9. Luke Darcy - We were cruelly deprived of him when he did his knee during the 2005-2006. He was one of the original mobile ruckman - dominant in the ruck, excellent around the ground and a huge threat up forward.

10. Daniel Cross - Just a player of pure heart. Wasn't a skilful or flashy player, simply hard and courageous every single week.

Best Players **

1. Doug Hawkins - Hawkins was unbelievable to watch in the 80's. Sublime left and right foot kick, knew how to kick goals, and stood out like a sore thumb every year in the 80's when we were mostly a crap side, and was our best player in 85 when we were a good side.

2. Chris Grant - Already commented on above.

3. Brad Johnson - Played above his size in the forward line and carried us there for years, very skilful wingman in the 90's and a great leader.

4. Marcus Bontempelli
- Yes, I already rate him as one of the best players I've seen. Fairly certain he'll be number one by the time he retires.

5. Scott West - Pure consistency. Lightening fast hands, and just kept on getting the ball each week.

6. Simon Beasley - The best forward I've seen play for the club. Was unstoppable at times, kicked multiple bags for us in one of the toughest eras of footy ever played and on more than capable opponents.

7. Bob Murphy - Already commented on above.

8. Brian Lake - Amazing full back, one of the best I've ever seen. Just read everything so well and the best player we had during 2008-10.

9. Scott Wynd - Easily the best ruckman we've had in my time following the club. He won the Brownlow as a ruckman - the last one to have done so (I think?). Also loved how he played each week despite the pain in his knees which meant he rarely kicked the ball.

10. Ryan Griffen - Yeah, yeah I know...but at his best he was pretty bloody good for us. Explosive pace, booming, powerful kick, and our best finals player in several woeful finals for us.

*Other favourite players in random order - Tom Boyd, Steve MacPherson, Lindsay Gilbee, Matthew Croft, James Cook, Steve Kolynuik, Steve Wallis, Andrew Purser, Matthew Dent.

** I've only included players I've actually seen play. No doubt the likes of Whitten, Templeton, Dempsey etc belong on our best list but as I never saw them I've left them off.

There's one I forgot,
Jock Edmond , what a great player he was. Hard , tough and fantastic overhead.
And could kick straight !

Ge
That's your missus in your avatar? Wtf dude. Could have warned me before I...well...nevermind.

Genuine lol. When your missus is a few years older than you and folks constantly assume she is heaps younger than you it can deflate ones ego. And to help deflate your little problem, pic was taken 2 years before her 60th. She rocks my world !!

Ge

Genuine lol. When your missus is a few years older than you and folks constantly assume she is heaps younger than you it can deflate ones ego. And to help deflate your little problem, pic was taken 2 years before her 60th. She rocks my world !!

I hope I look that good by the time I'm nearly 60 and a woman

Allan Jakovich
Andrew Wills
Daniel Bandy
Tim Walsh
Stuart Wigney
John Georgiades
Jim Plunkett
Mark Alvey
Wayde Skipper
Aaron James
Plunkett used to dominate in reserves loved him but never made quite made it. Alvey and Powell in the same midfield at time as I remember good reserves side. Was there as a 9 year old at Princess park when Georgiades tore Carlton up. Wigney brings back memories had a dew good years. What about Barry Stansfield (Fish) was a solid player but took a few years to get there. Lol memories, Darren Buzz Davies, Mark Cullen also frustrating great reserves players also loved Michael Frost always thought he would become a very good player but form didn't translate to seniors.

Hawkins
Templeton
Edmond
Grant
Royal
Johnson
S West
Kretiuk
Wynd
Morris

Honourable mentions - Libba Snr, Magic, Croft, Tzatzaris, Southern, Foster, M West, Purser, Sewell, Kolynuik, Eppleston & Petraglia

Ge

:eek: Serious? looked like she was 30 ish :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back