Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

Very true. Bank balance might be happier but you wouldn't be.
Yeah, and the fact is I've done ok out of music. I'm not rich, but I paid off my house at the age of 42, got a decent standard of living. A lot of my high-income mates are nowhere with their house plans and some of them are already turning 50 now - and they are always complaining about property prices. The more you make, the more you spend. Gotta sacrifice something.

Yeah, and the fact is I've done ok out of music. I'm not rich, but I paid off my house at the age of 42, got a decent standard of living. A lot of my high-income mates are nowhere with their house plans and some of them are already turning 50 now - and they are always complaining about property prices. The more you make, the more you spend. Gotta sacrifice something.
Too true. I'm just hitting 30 but spent a lot longer than my mates at uni, so a bit behind the curve. I earn a bit more than most of them now, and they are at me to borrow more to get in. They see the extra earning capacity as a ticket to more debt and a bigger place. I'm not buying anything I can't pay off in 15 years.

Too true. I'm just hitting 30 but spent a lot longer than my mates at uni, so a bit behind the curve. I earn a bit more than most of them now, and they are at me to borrow more to get in. They see the extra earning capacity as a ticket to more debt and a bigger place. I'm not buying anything I can't pay off in 15 years.
Yeah, you've got to set your line where you feel comfortable and work within that. Hope you find something suitable when you're ready.

Hope I don't spook anybody by bumping this thread, but wanted to share this clip on concussion from SEN a couple of days ago.

Basically re-inforces that helmets aren't proven to help protect you from concussion in AFL in any way.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6054108-concussion-expert-dr-alan-pearce-on-the-run-home

I felt sorry for the guy. Ox and Mark have NFI, really had to dumb down the concept for those two muppets.

They kept crapping on about protecting a lightglobe from a fall on Mythbusters. Is it that hard to understand that if you put the lightglobe in an empty shoebox, then wrap that up nice and careful, its not very surprising that the lightglobe still ends up broken?

I felt sorry for the guy. Ox and Mark have NFI, really had to dumb down the concept for those two muppets.

They kept crapping on about protecting a lightglobe from a fall on Mythbusters. Is it that hard to understand that if you put the lightglobe in an empty shoebox, then wrap that up nice and careful, its not very surprising that the lightglobe still ends up broken?

Yeah, I love the Ox blindly, but he didn't help in this situation.

See Paddy McCartin was knocked out cold again while playing for Sandy. Another footy tragedy. I hope they both get to fulfill at least some of their promise.

Jon Ralph reporting that Brayshaw will play for Casey this weekend. Former saints captain Nathan Burke met with Brayshaw and his parents telling them wearing a helmet helped reduce his concussion issues.

Jon Ralph reporting that Brayshaw will play for Casey this weekend. Former saints captain Nathan Burke met with Brayshaw and his parents telling them wearing a helmet helped reduce his concussion issues.
Goody did confirm in his presser that he will line up for Casey this weekend. Good luck to the kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when do concerned parents listen to football players over doctors? The physics of a helmet just don't add up.

Since when do concerned parents listen to football players over doctors? The physics of a helmet just don't add up.

I think the club just explored all avenues and having a chat to bourkey who probably wore a helmet for 250 games I don't see the harm.

I agree the helmet doesn't offer any additional protection because it's the brain richotecting within the skull causing the concussion not the external impact. But maybe it could be worth gus wearing one and see how it goes.

I thought Gus would be our next captain, his first year was brilliant.

... now I'm not sure where he even fits into the side. Our midfield is pretty damn good.
The physics of a helmet just don't add up.
Psychologically it could help a lot.

I thought Gus would be our next captain, his first year was brilliant.

... now I'm not sure where he even fits into the side. Our midfield is pretty damn good.
Psychologically it could help a lot.
I was going to say we could fit him in off of half back but we're pretty well stocked there. Will fit into whatever role they want Vince/Lewis to play now, I reckon.

He would have been a great midfield addition to our side with all of our injuries in the last few weeks, a shame the timelines didn't quite add up. I hope he gets through the year unscathed and that this is the end of his concussion issues

He would have been a great midfield addition to our side with all of our injuries in the last few weeks, a shame the timelines didn't quite add up. I hope he gets through the year unscathed and that this is the end of his concussion issues
Yep. Would have actually got time in the centre. Bit of a pity really

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can meet with him and let him know a mullet helps with concussion...

Bloody good to hear he is back though, put together 3 weeks to a month and you never know he may come back for the last few games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back