Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

I was glad he got a couple of shots on goal - otherwise I was starting to think he no longer has a right foot.

Bizarrely ambidextrous this boy. Virtually every time I saw him kick it was off the left. Awesome advantage to be so good off both sides. It means he doesn’t need to think ever about manoeuvring to get his preferred side.

From Goody's press conference, Gus wasn't playing early on because he didn't have "good habits" . Didn't elaborate at all, just said he is building good habits now and that's what all our players are aiming to do .
Love the direction and standards being set for our guys . It really sets them up for success as we're seeing in recent form and results

From Goody's press conference, Gus wasn't playing early on because he didn't have "good habits" . Didn't elaborate at all, just said he is building good habits now and that's what all our players are aiming to do .
Love the direction and standards being set for our guys . It really sets them up for success as we're seeing in recent form and results
Nose picking? Double dipping? Eating the lid of a pie first?

Another big concussion though and it could be career over. He’s going to be a week to week proposition the rest of his career I think. Enjoy him while we have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another big concussion though and it could be career over. He’s going to be a week to week proposition the rest of his career I think. Enjoy him while we have him.
you're a fungi.

I would like to invite you to lots of parties just to set the tone.

Please tell me we wouldn't even consider trading this guy for gaff. It would be like breaking up the Beatles. Don't mess with the chemistry demons, sign this guy up long term NOW

Yeah, and if Trac or Gawn did another knee it’d be grim for them too.

Let’s not talk about potential career ending injuries.

Trengove smashing him was Dangerfield's 6th concussion very early in his career, seems to be fine now. Could be nothing but random chance for Gus. (Giant head possibly not helping, guessing a custom helmet)

I never knew that. Makes me feel much better about his prospects.
I remember the Dangerfield issue. As well as the concussions, commentators were predicting his body wouldn't hold out past about 28 because of the way he played the game or something. The level of bash he was taking was getting lots of attention at the time, but it seems to have worked out for him. Other than being stuck at the Cattery obviously, but that was totally his doing.

Good podcast on the afl app, they go into some of the bad habits Goody mentioned.

After missing out round 1, sounded like he wasn’t just doing those little extras and went into his shell a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back