Senior 10. Harry McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Delighted with Hazza re-signing, its always nice to get positive news right before Christmas.

In hindsight (although i admit i was annoyed at the time) i think Bolton and the MC managed the big fella nicely during the season, obviously he had flaws and perhaps discipline issues that needed working on, and putting HM in extended spells in the VFL will make him a better player, and more mature person in the long run.

I am impressed Bolts stuck to his guns, and didn't rush Harry back despite massive calls from the media and the supporters on talkback radio, that's an encouraging sign of a coach/leader with stones.

Wouldn't mind seeing Harry play more in the ruck (not going to write him off there after that St Kilda game) in 2019, reckon he has the chops and versatility to do it.

Gee, we are good at putting these contracts to bed early. Our player retention has been excellent since Bolts arrived.

Gee, we are good at putting these contracts to bed early. Our player retention has been excellent since Bolts arrived.

That's a very good point. I honestly believe player retention is more important to a rebuilding club like ours, than wins during the season. Imagine how better Brisbane would be right now if they managed to retain Yeo and Docherty ? (The other go home 5 and Aish are meh)

We are building a decent culture and close knit playing group under Brendon Bolton, that's the most important thing. The wins will come/take care of themselves.

It feels strange to be so excited/optimistic after a 2 win season and another ACL injury to Doc, but i really am. Rnd 1 against Richmond can't come around quickly enough :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Charlie Curnow will be a gun but something about McKay suggests to me he will be better when it all clicks for him.

I think H stack will compliment the C factor equally well as bonny and clyde … without the macabre ending, different beasts …. and the twitter photo of him handballing … kids got guns, H stack is gunna be a unit!

Lest not forget …

I’m really interested to see how both the McKay boys go in 2019. Both will be looking at playing every week you would think. Ben has become vital for us all of a sudden with Maj not being available. There’s even a spot up forward for him if we needed it.

Would a good year for Harry be 25 goals and 20 games? They’re still so young but they feel like they’ve been around awhile.

I’m really interested to see how both the McKay boys go in 2019. Both will be looking at playing every week you would think. Ben has become vital for us all of a sudden with Maj not being available. There’s even a spot up forward for him if we needed it.

Would a good year for Harry be 25 goals and 20 games? They’re still so young but they feel like they’ve been around awhile.

Did 21 goals in 13 games this year

If H plays 20 games this year, I would anticipate a return of 30+ goals.

25 in 20 would be insulting.

McKay averaged 1.6 goals a game last year which would give him 32 in 20 and even that may be considered quite low.
This included 3 zero goal games.

McKay is clearly stronger, seems to be more focused and is obviously one year older and wiser than last year.

You never know what may come about, but a figure around 40 may be more around the mark of what the CFC would be looking for.

McKay averaged 1.6 goals a game last year which would give him 32 in 20 and even that may be considered quite low.
This included 3 zero goal games.

McKay is clearly stronger, seems to be more focused and is obviously one year older and wiser than last year.

You never know what may come about, but a figure around 40 may be more around the mark of what the CFC would be looking for.

40 goals would be an amazing return. I think playing each week, cementing his spot and kicking over a goal a game would be a win. But you wouldn’t complain with 40 goals I’m sure.

Can’t wait to find out. Harry and Ben might play on each other early in the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back