Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
10 mckay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The increase in height is about profiling and drafting.
Afl now hunts kids out with physical attributes to put them into development programs. The tac cup is especially guilty of this.

Would it hurt to find kids that can actually 'do football' and put them into development programs?

Sheesh

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I think it might have something to do with:
1) Wanting to assess the actual severity of his injury
2) Wanting to see who steps up in the reserves
3) Wanting continuity on whoever we upgrade - if we wait until round 3 to upgrade a player - they can be upgraded until round 11 (8 weeks) at which point the mid season rookie upgrade comes into effect. Stops the cicumstance whereby we bring in a good player like Gallucci, only to have him set the world on fire but be unable to play midseason as McKay is off the LTI. Pretty sure it almost caught st kilda last year with lonie and saunders.
Fair enough. Thought there would have to be some kind of strategic reasoning.

Dec 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Can LTI-listed players get a run in the VFL? I assume not, as it would open that up to exploitation.

No. I believe if he was able to play VFL he would instantly come off the injured list completely.

This might also mean the club is interested in giving Glass-McCasker a chance over the next month or two. So if we somehow managed to get games into him now and then McKay later in the year this may be making chicken salad out of chicken *

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I am loving this guy and he hasn't even played a game yet.
IN the VFL game he was right in the middle of the packs at the 1.4 and 3/4 time breaks, talking to fellow tall forwards like SOS and Jones etc, giving encouragement etc. Real TEAM man. Either it is just him intrinsically or Bolts' influence, either way it is great to see.

IN the VFL game he was right in the middle of the packs at the 1.4 and 3/4 time breaks, talking to fellow tall forwards like SOS and Jones etc, giving encouragement etc. Real TEAM man. Either it is just him intrinsically or Bolts' influence, either way it is great to see.
When did he play in the VFL?

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
That's just him and his brother. Bolton influence is just topping.

Apr 21, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton

I was also at the game in the rain on Sunday

Can defs, confirm big H's presence and constant encouragement, I also saw Cunningham there at the huddles .

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Excellent news :thumbsu:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-06-22/big-h-back-on-primary-list

Carlton’s No. 10 draft pick, Harry McKay, has returned to the Blues’ primary list after recovering from a stress reaction in his back.

The 200cm forward was placed on Carlton’s long-term injury list in March and sidelined for 12 weeks, after complaining of discomfort during a training session.
Speaking to the media on Wednesday, Carlton’s senior coach Brendon Bolton praised the 2015 draftee for his work ethic while he has been sidelined.

Just out of curiosity who drops back to the rookie list?

Byrne was our nominated rookie so it isn't him.

I don't think we elevated anybody did we? Wood, Sheehan, Gowers, Gallucci, Glass-McCasker and Korcheck are the others. Sheehan was injured until recently. I think we left it open.

Jan 20, 2008
Bullengarook
AFL Club
Carlton
No. I believe if he was able to play VFL he would instantly come off the injured list completely.

This might also mean the club is interested in giving Glass-McCasker a chance over the next month or two. So if we somehow managed to get games into him now and then McKay later in the year this may be making chicken salad out of chicken *

Reckon they may play 21 year old defender Matt Dick before GMcC. Matts been getting high numbers nearly every week in defence.

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues

I don't think we elevated anybody did we? Wood, Sheehan, Gowers, Gallucci, Glass-McCasker and Korcheck are the others. Sheehan was injured until recently. I think we left it open.
Correct, we left it open at the time.

The Facepainter

All Australian
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
REDS BASEBALL

That's what I originally thought as I don't remember anyone being elevated

Aphrodite I listened to the presser thanks for posting. What stood out for me - again...

Love Bolton's total commitment to the collective of the team and his commitment to systems and processes over so called 'list talent'. So good to know that as a Club at least we have a person coaching who has a very clear idea of what it really takes to build culture and sustainability as opposed to short termism or silver bullets.

Picked up negative body language re Jacksh...hope I'm wrong. Contrast to body languiage re Murphy/Plowman and HarryMc which was very positive - also don't expect to see SOSOS play any time soon....

Back