Senior 10. Harry McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. But if he turns out to be a jeremy cameron in ability, for example, who would you rate higher, weitering or cameron.? A great key forward imo is more talented than a great key back. Weitering is remarkable for the sheer precociousness of his ability, not his absolute ability per se. That said, perhaps weitering as a forward , would really show us how good he is. A forward line with big harry, wetering, curnow, sos , could prove unstoppable.

What if I told you Weiters can play both ends just as well - does that make him better then a weitering who only plays back or a Mckay who only plays forward ? food for though if you insist on over thinking it.

Maybe. But if he turns out to be a jeremy cameron in ability, for example, who would you rate higher, weitering or cameron.? A great key forward imo is more talented than a great key back. Weitering is remarkable for the sheer precociousness of his ability, not his absolute ability per se. That said, perhaps weitering as a forward , would really show us how good he is. A forward line with big harry, wetering, curnow, sos , could prove unstoppable.

Not out of the question!!!!!

Harry looks the goods, massive upside...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry looks the goods, massive upside...

One of the things that has always given me extra confidence about Harry is that Adelaide were also very keen to use their Top 10 pick on him.

There is NO better identifier of elite tall talent than the Crows. Right through the last decade...and right up to their recent keenness on Lever, Himmelburg and McKay...they are the best.

There has been clear improvement from Harry, this year.

Pros:
Intensity
Courage
Goal-kicking
Will to win
Smart in the contest

Areas for improvement:
Strength - That's somewhat obvious for a 19 year old that still growing.
Marking - Strength alone will support him here.
Attitude - Some quarters saying that he can improve here. Guess that may go for many young men.

Has the tools to really break onto the scene, but that may be 2018, '19 or even '20.

There has been clear improvement from Harry, this year.

Pros:
Intensity
Courage
Goal-kicking
Will to win
Smart in the contest

Areas for improvement:
Strength - That's somewhat obvious for a 19 year old that still growing.
Marking - Strength alone will support him here.
Attitude - Some quarters saying that he can improve here. Guess that may go for many young men.

Has the tools to really break onto the scene, but that may be 2018, '19 or even '20.

This is all probably true but the NB's also seem substantially more competitive than last year, that helps.

If our performances are going to be like Friday then we might be better holding him back until we are a bit more competitive.

This is all probably true but the NB's also seem substantially more competitive than last year, that helps.

If our performances are going to be like Friday then we might be better holding him back until we are a bit more competitive.

Yes it is. Amazing isn't it?

A. Silvagni alone, seems to have made a huge difference in the way we conduct ourselves at this level.
Maybe SOS actually knew what he was doing, recruiting him. :)

Yes it is. Amazing isn't it?

Silvagni alone seems to have made a huge difference in the way we conduct ourselves.
Maybe SOS actually knew what he was doing, recruiting him. :)

I'm going to put this out there. I reckon that team yesterday might not have been beaten badly if they played the team we rolled out Friday.

I have a theory on big H.

He is a tall, skinny kid playing the hardest position on the ground. He missed a huge chunk of last year with a bad back. He is athletic. He is raw. He needs time to develop.

I reckon Carlton have laid out a plan for him. They have told him exactly what that plan is so he won't get disillusioned.

The plan is to put on muscle, get match fit, get continuity in his game, learn our game plan and structures and develop in the VFL. This will take the pressure off.

Harry will play when he's ready. Whether it's late this year or early next year.

I love that the club is not throwing our youngsters to the wolves anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back