Senior 10. Harry McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed the game last night but recorded it. About to watch it now just to see Harrys game, otherwise I porbably would've avoided it!
Worth it, Harry was good again. Cripps gets the most ever contested ball in a year ever.

Plus if you fast forward when Adelaide have the ball you can probably watch the whole game in 30 minutes

No matter what slant you put on it, he was playing well when dropped and is playing no better now. So my point is there was zero justification for dropping him. Spin it whichever way you want, it was a complete waste of time and the only reason he finally got back in was because the media started to question why he wasn't playing. Simple as that.

You might want to watch the Geelong game again..

He’s showing more promise than Tom Lynch at the same point in his career
I’ve noticed he’s built up his frame a bit this season, wait for a year or 2 he will be the most dangerous KPF in the league along with Daniher.
And Harry won't even scare the children.

Last edited:
His contested marking is so much better at AFL level than what he was producing at VFL. His pace is real asset too, will be a very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, stats were probably a little better prior to being dropped. Playing in the mud getting thumped by 10 goals in the twos aint good for a key forward's development.
Nah.
Prior to getting dropped:
8 Disposals & 4 Marks (including not taking a mark v Cats) per game

After returning to the team:
12.7 Disposals & 6.5 marks per game

Harry's work rate was significantly better when he returned to the seniors in Round 17, resulting in an improved output.

Big H is going to be a perennial All-Australian 40 selection. Whether he makes it to the final 22 will be dependent on how successful we are as a club and how freakish the other KPFs play.

Big H is going to be a perennial All-Australian 40 selection. Whether he makes it to the final 22 will be dependent on how successful we are as a club and how freakish the other KPFs play.
And how biased the selectors are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back