Senior 10. Harry McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all, here's the Harry McKay 2020 Highlight Reel

Has already passed his goal-kicking tally (21) from last season in 6 games (played 13 last year.)

Currently equal Coleman leader with T.Walker (although Walker yet to play this week.)

Was the only player who really looked dangerous in our forward line today - absolute weapon.

Please hurry up and sign this guy!

Imagine when he irons out his kicking and generally gets a bit more consistent!

Nice to have a genuinely dangerous forward that freaks out his opposition.

you see with a player like Joe Daniher, perhaps expecting that to happen might be unrealistic. He will forever be an unreliable set shot at goal

Has already passed his goal-kicking tally (21) from last season in 6 games (played 13 last year.)

Currently equal Coleman leader with T.Walker (although Walker yet to play this week.)

Was the only player who really looked dangerous in our forward line today - absolute weapon.

Please hurry up and sign this guy!
I hate to be pessimistic, but why would Cripps, Harry, Walsh etc. want to re-sign with us at the current rate of which we're going. We're moving backwards, and why would they want to waste their amazing career with us?

I hate to be pessimistic, but why would Cripps, Harry, Walsh etc. want to re-sign with us at the current rate of which we're going. We're moving backwards, and why would they want to waste their amazing career with us?

the same thing was probably said about Gawn, Oliver and Petracca 12 months ago.. and the same things were said about Goodwin that we hear about Teague.: It doesn’t take much to turn it around when you have the talent on the list, which I believe we do.

the same thing was probably said about Gawn, Oliver and Petracca 12 months ago.. and the same things were said about Goodwin that we hear about Teague.: It doesn’t take much to turn it around when you have the talent on the list, which I believe we do.
Wasn't Oliver on his way out of the club over summer? ;-)

Good news.

Interesting the club and player agent both apparently didn't want to discuss until the bye and it was done quickly.

From the player perspective Harry gets to restricted free agent at the end of the contract and has some flexibility. I think its reasonable to suggest if in two years time we are still in the bottom 6 he would leave and who can blame him. Also aligns with his brothers contract :p

From the club perspective Harry is worth a lot right now, but this is his "break out" year. We don't have to look to far in history to see Ben Brown turning down good money wanting more to end up in the VFL at Melbourne. Good for the club to see if this is the new Harry or one good year :)

All in all I think this is a good deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they have better vision than some on here (who can be a bit myopic)

Our best is as good as any team. However the good teams find ways to change momentum when things aren't going well. We haven't found that way yet. Maybe we are on the cusp or maybe the football department review will point us in the right direction.

GET IN! Result for player and club. If, in two years - we aren't challenging he has every right to explore his options and get that huge, 5 year deal elsewhere. For now, great to see the big man sticking around. Shows belief.

Happy-Dance.gif

Nice to get some welcome news to wake up to x

cIeKBZG.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back