Review 10 - Jaeger O'Meara (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

gee I hate his ball drop though.....

Hopefully it improves, and he stays in the game long enough for that to happen.

While he's still young and freakishly athletic it's not such an issue, but if he loses a yard or two of pace it will come into play a little more.

But no doubt it's something he'd be working on, and hopefully soon.

Just so much work gone into rehabbing that knee, that it's likely been down the list of priorities, as crazy as that sounds.

But first and foremost, I hope his knee allows him to have the career he was born with the ability to produce. He's freakishly good.

gee I hate his ball drop though.....

Weirdly enough I think he's been super accurate with his kicking across JLT2 and Round 1. In his first game vs Essendon (two years ago now, wow) I remember thinking 'gee he really needs to change that drop'. But now he's hitting 40 metre bullets to teammates and bombing goals from 50. It may not look good to the eye but I can't complain if it's delivering results. Perhaps something to do with him getting more comfortable with his knee?

Weirdly enough I think he's been super accurate with his kicking across JLT2 and Round 1. In his first game vs Essendon (two years ago now, wow) I remember thinking 'gee he really needs to change that drop'. But now he's hitting 40 metre bullets to teammates and bombing goals from 50. It may not look good to the eye but I can't complain if it's delivering results. Perhaps something to do with him getting more comfortable with his knee?
I know he has spent a lot of one on one time with Sammy at training, there was a moment in the middle during the game where he got himself enough space, was going to kick towards goal then saw a team mate out wide, adjusted and kicked to him.

The whole move including the way he changed what he was doing mid kick and how it looked including the drop was so Sam.

He's going to reap massive benefits from having Mitchell coaching him. His field kicking has sharpened up a lot already, his vision is coming as well

I'm pretty sure every kick on the weekend went to either a team-mate or between the goal posts. I'm not complaining.

Gralin makes a good point about that moment in traffic, he found half a second through a change of direction and had the touch to re-direct the kick pretty much mid-swing. It was quite a Sam Mitchell moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ, I just saw that reversal free he gave away in the last qtr, FFS wish I didn't see it. Anyway he's doing all he can, hopefully we can find a few helpers to give him a hand

We weren't that far off the chocolates against the Dogs, without the two injuries, we might well have won.

Jaeger is coming along beautifully, he's a big part of the reason why we were competitive in the first two weeks.

Feel sick watching the reversal free paid against him in the last. It's dead set ridiculous.

But as others have said, it's not why we lost.

We weren't that far off the chocolates against the Dogs, without the two injuries, we might well have won.

Jaeger is coming along beautifully, he's a big part of the reason why we were competitive in the first two weeks.

Feel sick watching the reversal free paid against him in the last. It's dead set ridiculous.

But as others have said, it's not why we lost.
Two Jaegar moments that will test him. The missed goal in the last quarter and the bullshit free kick.

Had those two had the opposite result he'd be a hero.

He's coming along nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back