Review 10 - Jaeger O'Meara (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

If this guy isn’t our next captain in a couple of years after Stratts then I will be thourougly disappointed.

Not only is he tough, hard and a freakish talent, but he oozes class and professionalism off the field. The interview on the website the other day shows how good he would be with the media as well.

God I hope he can stay fit, he could be special

If this guy isn’t our next captain in a couple of years after Stratts then I will be thourougly disappointed.

Not only is he tough, hard and a freakish talent, but he oozes class and professionalism off the field. The interview on the website the other day shows how good he would be with the media as well.

God I hope he can stay fit, he could be special
Your username may indicate a competitor. By all accounts Sic is on the rise as a leader

That's a great vid. Cegs show's some deft awareness as well, waiting for JOM to break into the open. It's odd, though, how three Richmond midfielders are around Cegs and not one tried to tackle him, including a guy that was literally right on Cegs' back and could have easily wrapped him up. All three went instead to knock down the hand ball, Cegs did a little hand-shimmy and shot it to JOM.

It's interesting because Richmond out tackled Hawthorn 79 to 56. And yet no pressure at all on that play. What an interesting game. I find it so frustrating that advanced stats are not widely available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a great vid. Cegs show's some deft awareness as well, waiting for JOM to break into the open. It's odd, though, how three Richmond midfielders are around Cegs and not one tried to tackle him, including a guy that was literally right on Cegs' back and could have easily wrapped him up. All three went instead to knock down the hand ball, Cegs did a little hand-shimmy and shot it to JOM.

It's interesting because Richmond out tackled Hawthorn 79 to 56. And yet no pressure at all on that play. What an interesting game. I find it so frustrating that advanced stats are not widely available.
If advanced stats were available then it might cause the halfwit commentators out there to acknowledge the quality of our players. The industry does not want that ;)

Deceptive at pretty much everything. Quicker than you think, tougher than he looks.

Can see why he's underrated. His inside work, like most, goes unnoticed but that is where the beast lives.

He's only underrated as he was injured for so long, the whole footy world know he's a freak. 2019 could a Brownlow/AA type year based on how he's moving and looking ATM.

Got $81 for the win $21 top 3 for the brownlow.
I'm pretty happy with that! He is going to have a massive year

AS LONG as he stays on the park, he'll be a top 5-10 player by the end of the year. Going into 2020 we'll have 2 top 10 players with Titch and who knows what Chad will be with a full season, but he is a top 20 player at his best.

In the top 50 players we could be the most represented -

Mitchell
Omera
Sicily
Wingard
Gunston
Bruest

That's a fair bunch and all in their peak

AS LONG as he stays on the park, he'll be a top 5-10 player by the end of the year. Going into 2020 we'll have 2 top 10 players with Titch and who knows what Chad will be with a full season, but he is a top 20 player at his best.

Mitchell
Omera
Sicily
Wingard
Gunston
Bruest

There are threads on BigFooty back in 2012 + 2013 arguing who would be the best player in the comp in the future between O'Meara and Wingard. Pretty funny.

Mitchell
Omera
Sicily
Wingard
Gunston
Bruest

Top 50 in 2020:

Tom Mitchell
Jaeger O'Meara
Chad Wingard
James Sicily
Jack Gunston
Luke Breust
Stephen Coniglio*
Isaac Smith
Tom Scully

Sorry, my mistake. They're all average players, made look better by the guys around them...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back