Review 10 - Jaeger O'Meara (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a good article.

While it feels like he has already been around forever, O’Meara is only 25, and technically, just hitting his prime.

There are good years left in his career and he could yet captain the side.

And if the recruiting chatter is on the money, he could help prise one of his best mates, Stephen Coniglio, out of Greater Western Sydney.

Imagine that, a midfield of O’Meara, Mitchell and Coniglio, plus up-and-coming jet James Worpel, and a fit and firing Tom Scully.

I've been of the opinion that if Jaeger could stay fit he would overtake everyone as our best player by the end of the season. Well, he's got no choice now.

I know I've posted this probably a dozen times, but if he can hit even 80% of the original promise he showed then he will be a perennial AA calibre midfielder.

Good Article:

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes was convinced the move was a flat-out bust, saying it could be “one of the worst deals of all time”.

“What they gave up for him and what they’re paying him in terms of salary, I think it’s going to be a disaster,” Cornes said.

LOL

And if the recruiting chatter is on the money, he could help prise one of his best mates, Stephen Coniglio, out of Greater Western Sydney.
Imagine that, a midfield of O’Meara, Mitchell and Coniglio, plus up-and-coming jet James Worpel, and a fit and firing Tom Scully.

Jeez that made for good reading, the best part was the ending

"And if the recruiting chatter is on the money, he could help prise one of his best mates, Stephen Coniglio, out of Greater Western Sydney.

Imagine that, a midfield of O’Meara, Mitchell and Coniglio, plus up-and-coming jet James Worpel, and a fit and firing Tom Scully."
All trade ins (If Coniglio happens).

But seriously - since the threepeat we've brought in Mitchell (brownlow) O'Meara, Wingard and Scully.

Show many any team that has managed that. 4 seriously top shelf, A grade players in a couple of seasons. Not mentioning Impey, Scrimshaw or the other guys who have potential. Just talk about the top shelf imports at the moment. It's pretty amazing.

And none of them were free agents.

But seriously - since the threepeat we've brought in Mitchell (brownlow) O'Meara, Wingard and Scully.

Show many any team that has managed that. 4 seriously top shelf, A grade players in a couple of seasons. Not mentioning Impey, Scrimshaw or the other guys who have potential. Just talk about the top shelf imports at the moment. It's pretty amazing.

Hopefully this is the year that we land our prized free agent.

Jeez that made for good reading, the best part was the ending

"And if the recruiting chatter is on the money, he could help prise one of his best mates, Stephen Coniglio, out of Greater Western Sydney.

Imagine that, a midfield of O’Meara, Mitchell and Coniglio, plus up-and-coming jet James Worpel, and a fit and firing Tom Scully."

James Cousins and Liam Shiels ripped off, those 2 will be big contributors for a long time yet

Both Worpel and Cousins could be 200 game players for us, from what I have heard Worpel is considered long term captain/leadership material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Cousins and Liam Shiels ripped off, those 2 will be big contributors for a long time yet

Shiels definitely gets underrated by all. It seems to be that everyone thinks he's been around forever but he was the youngest bloke in his draft class of '08 and is only 27. Still has a while of good footy in him.

Both Worpel and Cousins could be 200 game players for us, from what I have heard Worpel is considered long term captain/leadership material.

I definitely agree in relation to Worpel, however I'm not so sure about Cousins.

Definitely has potential but also hasn't shown enough yet to make a statement of that caliber.

If Jaeger plays 20 games this season I think he'll earn his first All Australian selection, that's some positivity for you eldorado
If JO’M plays 20+ games this year then he’ll wrap up the Brownlow by Round 16 & the Norm Smith by the 1st Round of Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back