Senior 10: Mitch Knevitt (2021 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
From what I’ve seen there’s inconsistency in his ball drop. Some kicks look almost textbook, others he almost uses a 2 handed ball drop. Nice to hear that his session today went well - he strikes me as very much a work in progress who hopefully can continue to improve in many facets of the game including his kicking.

Thats a good assessment. As I have said needs work, can be better, be mostly seems to be capable of getting the job done.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I quite like this kid. 2024 has him looking to wing positions again. We'll see if his first 3 steps are quick enough for senior level wing, but he definitely has the tank, the kicking ability, the marking ability, and the footy brain.

Atleast we know what position he’s going to play.

On the wing?
I meant in the contest. But yes on the wing he'll mostly have clear space. I don't remember if he's that quick though haven't seen much of him. First full pre season too.

Generalissimo

His Excellency
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
Definitely more of a Mark Blicavs wingman than a Peter Riccardi wingman.

Kobe Gryant

extremely overqualified chemistry teacher
Jul 31, 2021
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Definitely more of a Mark Blicavs wingman than a Peter Riccardi wingman.
A bit more Joel Corey I would have thought.

Corey ended up mainly playing on the inside, but on occassion (particularly early on), he played outside, and much like Knevitt it was due to his huge aerobic capacity getting up and down the ground.

From what I've seen, those of us who are fans of Mitch are hoping for a Corey style career too when it's all said and done.

Might not be the flashiest, but tough, honest, and you know what you're getting week in, week out.

Overhead marking wasn't that much of a focus for Corey, despite his height. I'm hoping Knevitt will show a bit of that.
Took that overhead mark last year I think and then goalies after 3/4 siren I think it was.

Some said at time it was Bartel like.
One mark does not make a legend..but it’s a start.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back