9 Tyrone Vickery
10 Daniel Rich

No one rates Dawson, Watts or Ray.

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
No - give me courage and substance over flash. Zaharakis has become impotent in games.
Zaharakis had 200 more possessions (substance) compared to the inferior Ziebell in 2014.
I can clearly see the flash in Zaharakis's game compared to Ziebells with 46 more inside 50s (double) which resulted in double the amount of goal assists.
I wonder if the 16 more contested possessions Ziebell had is the courage of Ziebell?????? as they both were equal in clearances. Maybe it was Ziebells 9 more tackles.

Zaharakis had 100 possessions more than the inferior Ziebell in 2013

The gap is increasing.

If you are happy to keep the inferior player because he does something tough every now and then good luck to you.

Gap getting bigger, Zaharakis just hitting his straps.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1. Cyril Rioli
Probably the most over rated footballer I have ever seen. When Buddy went down against Geelong some media outlets and fans were calling for Cyril to be the focus up forward. Had they done that, Sydney would have played Collingwood in the prelim. Is a beautifully skilled footballer but just doesn't get enough of it or kick enough goals. Sometimes you wonder if his name was Jack Smith and he played for Fremantle if he would get the same media attention. My guess is no.
You can just call him Norm Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez.... Zaka has had a great start to the year, but Ziebell is no slouch though.

And in fairness, in the same way I wasn't rushing to the 'Dangerfield is the best player in the game!' party after round one, Zaharakis needs to be consistent for quite a while before I declare he's better than Ziebell.

They're different kinds of players too.

Zaka has 'probably' started the year better - but it's certainly not a massive difference.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez.... Zaka has had a great start to the year, but Ziebell is no slouch though.

And in fairness, in the same way I wasn't rushing to the 'Dangerfield is the best player in the game!' party after round one, Zaharakis needs to be consistent for quite a while before I declare he's better than Ziebell.

They're different kinds of players too.

Zaka has 'probably' started the year better - but it's certainly not a massive difference.
Pretty much this. It's not a huge gap either way and they aren't even comparable players.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Gap getting bigger, Zaharakis just hitting his straps.

Ziebell has polled coaches votes in every game this year and is sitting 4th - only 2 other players have done this - Sam Mitchell and Lynch from the Suns. Good company.

JZ has been better in a much better team. Terrible bump.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd say he was overrated then.
What i'm trying to say is that compared to 2011 and 2015 there is very little difference in his stats so if he was considered overrated then, he must still be considered overrated.

Disposal Avg
2011 - 16
2015 - 15

Goals Avg
2011 - 1.52
2015 - 1.75

Mar 8, 2007
Sweep shots don't count
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
probably
Here's my new list, updated for 2016.

In no particular order:

-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli
-Cyril Rioli

GWBogan

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2011
Daily's Place
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
AEW, Jacksonville Jaguars, Fulham
1. Aaron Sandilands
2. Aaron Sandilands
3. Aaron Sandilands
4. Aaron Sandilands
5. Aaron Sandilands
6. Aaron Sandilands
7. Aaron Sandilands
8. Aaron Sandilands
9. Aaron Sandilands
10. Aaron Sandilands

/Lethal

What i'm trying to say is that compared to 2011 and 2015 there is very little difference in his stats so if he was considered overrated then, he must still be considered overrated.

Disposal Avg
2011 - 16
2015 - 15

Goals Avg
2011 - 1.52
2015 - 1.75

Yeah fair comment.

Bloke is a gun.

I think some of the hyperbole around him early in his career was a bit much - he's a very good player and has been for some time.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah fair comment.

Bloke is a gun.

I think some of the hyperbole around him early in his career was a bit much - he's a very good player and has been for some time.
Yea I definitely agree although tbf his first year for us was amazing. It was a seriously good year for a first year player, then obviously got found out a little in the next couple of years but the importance he has for our team is something else.
Its very similar to Puopolo where he may not kick bags or have high possession counts but without him in our side we would be significantly worse off just due to his manic pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back