Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
In no particular order:

Nathan Jones - so notorious for being underrated that he is overrated.
Luke Hodge - the man has only finished in the top 10 of a Brownlow once (finished equal 10th) and is treated like a God.
Hamish Hartlett - Pretty good player, lots of guys love him a bit too much.
Dyson Heppell - several players I'd take before him in his draft year. Talented, but will never be elite.
Tom Rockliff - DT and SuperCoach elevated his status in the game undeserving-ly.
Grant Birchall - most vanilla back flanker I've ever seen. He'd have been dropped in most teams by now.
Charlie Dixon - very basic KPF who doesn't even try to get his own ball unless it's dished up to him on a platter.
Kieren Jack - Never been elite in my opinion, and his time has certainly passed.
Joe Daniher - never will be a top KPF, and his ability is showing this year.
David Mundy - Another player I think fantasy footy elevates his status. Not in the top group of players

Birchall a very interesting call. From what I see he is a very efficient and effective rebound defender who has become a reliable 1 one 1 defender of talls and smalls. His development I'm that regard is extremely impressive.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
In no particular order:

Luke Hodge - the man has only finished in the top 10 of a Brownlow once (finished equal 10th) and is treated like a God.
Dyson Heppell - several players I'd take before him in his draft year. Talented, but will never be elite.
Tom Rockliff - DT and SuperCoach elevated his status in the game undeserving-ly.
Grant Birchall - most vanilla back flanker I've ever seen. He'd have been dropped in most teams by now.
Charlie Dixon - very basic KPF who doesn't even try to get his own ball unless it's dished up to him on a platter.
Kieren Jack - Never been elite in my opinion, and his time has certainly passed.
David Mundy - Another player I think fantasy footy elevates his status. Not in the top group of players

Controversial yet I like the list.

detox

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In no particular order:

Hodge averages 0.51 votes per game over his career.

That is more than what goodes, hird and riccuito averaged.

If you want to argue that he's overrated, use an argument that is based on logic.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
In no particular order:

Not a single Collingwood player on this list mmmmmmmmmmmm

I've never seen him play on talls or key forwards. He's like a taller version of Issac Smith and one of the reasons why Hawthorn are so explosive on the breakaway having so many of those types with elite kicking skills.
He man's them up in transition as dose Burgoyne. Your not wrong about him being a main reason we are so explosive but if the opposition trys to lock down on him we just turn to Gibson or even Stratton, Frawley if there in the clear.

His defensive side of his game is greatly improved.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jwint43

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
some people will strongly disagree- but just my opinion. Maybe I'm being too harsh on old Sidebum, but the rest I feel are justified.

luke shuey
elliot yeo
dayne zorko
tom rockliff
steele sidebottom
jobe watson(ignoring everything thats happened)
will langford(overrated by his GF but i think most hawksters know hes s**t atm)
Jordan Lewis(not just because he is in terrible form atm)
Travis Boak
Jackson Macrae

brogan_96

Rookie
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Taylor Walker
Brad Crouch
Sam Mitchell
Patrick Clangerfield
Alex Rance
Patrick Cripps
Matt Priddis
Eddie Betts
Joel Selwood

SHOGUN_31A

Cancelled
Feb 24, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
In no particular order:

Pretty good list here, but a couple of tweaks in my opinion:

- Hodge at number 1. He is rated way too highly relative to his output. Mitchel is 100 times the player that Hodge is, yet gets one one-hundredth of the praise he deserves. I haven't seen Hodge win a hard ball for years - much prefers the soccer option these days (and testament to how overrated is hardness is).

- Birchall and Daniher off this list, in place of Taylor Walker and Jordan Lewis.

Special mention: Billy Hartung - just not up to it skill and hardness wise, despite the hype around him and his running ability.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Pretty good list here, but a couple of tweaks in my opinion:

- Hodge at number 1. He is rated way too highly relative to his output. Mitchel is 100 times the player that Hodge is, yet gets one one-hundredth of the praise he deserves. I haven't seen Hodge win a hard ball for years - much prefers the soccer option these days (and testament to how overrated is hardness is).

- Birchall and Daniher off this list, in place of Taylor Walker and Jordan Lewis.

Special mention: Billy Hartung - just not up to it skill and hardness wise, despite the hype around him and his running ability.
Hodge is probably my number one, I just didn't bother numbering them. Mitchell is one of the best players of the modern era. Absolute star.

I agree with Birchall but I rate Lewis highly and think Tex is one of the best KPFs in the game.

And based on "potential", Scharenberg is terribly overrated on the Collingwood board.

Yolo Swaggins

Team Captain
Feb 20, 2015
Noosa
AFL Club
St Kilda
some people will strongly disagree- but just my opinion. Maybe I'm being too harsh on old Sidebum, but the rest I feel are justified.

luke shuey Not rated that highly
elliot yeo Jet
dayne zorko Best pressure player in the game
tom rockliff always injured
steele sidebottom no
jobe watson(ignoring everything thats happened) Yes
will langford(overrated by his GF but i think most hawksters know hes s**t atm) Da faq
Jordan Lewis(not just because he is in terrible form atm) Yes
Travis Boak Most overrated in the competition
Jackson Macrae no

Choomah

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Rabbitohs

luke shuey
elliot yeo
dayne zorko
tom rockliff
steele sidebottom
jobe watson(ignoring everything thats happened)
will langford(overrated by his GF but i think most hawksters know hes s**t atm)
Jordan Lewis(not just because he is in terrible form atm)
Travis Boak
Jackson Macrae
No one rates Langford he is terrible

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
No one rates Langford he is terrible

Hawthorn folks rave on about him.
I really can't remember a player with worse kicking skills than Langford. Dean Rice maybe?
Has plenty of go in him does Will, but he's probably the last bloke any team would focus on simply because he will give half of his possessions back to the other team again.

Isn't that right TazHawk15.

jwint43

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

I think Yeo is a jet too- But is rated way too highly already compared to what his output could be. I wanna see him become a megastar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back