(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Sam Naismith has switched from number 35 to the number 10 vacated by Zak Jones.
Hopefully that's an indication that he's expected to be a first 22 selection barring injury. It'll be nice having a genuine ruck in the team. No excuses for our midfield if we can't improve our stoppages then.

GotTheGoodes

Bloods
Mar 15, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Hope he has learnt to get a touch , take marks etc
Predicting how many more games he will play?
You are always so very glowing of your praise in our returning injured players Kingy. A breath of fresh air! ;):p

I know how many people hate the idea that players can be important for "structure" (e.g. Naisy, Reid, Melican etc)... and just want all our plays to get 35 touches at 85% and kick 5 goals each... But it's great to see the big guy back up & rolling and I believe he will be an important IN structurally when he manages to get selected. Looking forward to seeing him back dominating hitouts in 2020.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Originally Richmond wanted him ahead of Nankervis so he obviously has a fair bit of talent.

He was also pretty crucial to our side when he was fit and running. Sometimes you have to take risks with these things.
Did Richmond want him? Got a link?
I don’t think he was ever crucial to anything

Time will tell I guess , doesn’t do enough outside of tapping the ball imo

Hopefully he can start impacting games around the ground , if he gets on the park

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Bloody disappointed in this news. I was hoping that he was over his injury issues but this could be the last straw for him. He's got the talent, but his body can't handle professional footy.

Now we're left without a genuine ruck. I wonder what this does for our recruitment and trading strategy next year?

Top Bottom