Past Sam Naismith - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

r0_0_2864_1655_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Sam Naismith
An ACL rupture and a long list of complications wiped out Sam Naismith’s 2018 and 2019 seasons, fuelling the hunger of the chief Sydney Swans ruckman for a comeback 2020 campaign. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product is an excellent tap ruckman who’s shown promising glimpses since being drafted in November 2012, particularly as Sydney powered towards the 2016 Grand Final. The New South Welshman had always worn the number 35 before switching to the number 10 for season 2020 in search of a fresh start.

Sam Naismith
DOB: 16 July 1992
DEBUT: 2014
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2015 Rookie Elevation
RECRUITED FROM: North Shore (NSW)

Unless he is going to become a top tier ruck like Gawn or Grundy then don’t bother

As he is useless out of the ruck

Won’t get to 60 games for the club is my prediction

Hope I’m wrong and he is a a star
How many are top tier ruckmen like Gawn & Grundy & how much success have those two had with their clubs. We don't need a top tier ruckman but we just need someone who can reduce the drop area for our midfielders to work in by giving them a better chance at winning the contest than we've had since he's been missing. Hit outs are critical & Naismith has proven can mix it in that area with these "top tier ruckmen" for a fraction of the cost.
But yes, he needs to get on the ground. We don't need him to be a super star. It's also why I think Knoll will get the job done should Naismith's body fail him again. Just tap the damn pill out to advantage & then show a bit of aggression & protection for the midfielders once the ball hits the deck.

How many are top tier ruckmen like Gawn & Grundy & how much success have those two had with their clubs. We don't need a top tier ruckman but we just need someone who can reduce the drop area for our midfielders to work in by giving them a better chance at winning the contest than we've had since he's been missing. Hit outs are critical & Naismith has proven can mix it in that area with these "top tier ruckmen" for a fraction of the cost.
But yes, he needs to get on the ground. We don't need him to be a super star. It's also why I think Knoll will get the job done should Naismith's body fail him again. Just tap the damn pill out to advantage & then show a bit of aggression & protection for the midfielders once the ball hits the deck.

Naismith hasn’t proven anything he hasn’t played 30 games yet , is 28 this year and hasn’t played a full season ever, not taken the field for an afl game in almost 3 years

I reckon if Naismith stays fit this year and plays 22 games , he'll surprise a lot of people here.
Judge him on hit outs, also on team clearance numbers, the improvement in team structure etc..

I reckon if Naismith stays fit this year and plays 22 games , he'll surprise a lot of people here.
Judge him on hit outs, also on team clearance numbers, the improvement in team structure etc..
So judge him on his overall game?

Gets beaten in the air or just gets beaten in general by opposite ruck it doesn’t matter

yeah even at that rate he has gone closer to delivering over the 3 year period in dollar value than naismith

15 games in 3 years, lets presume he is only the average 350k a year (bet its more)

23k a game,

rather pay the extra 5k for buddy
Buddy is on at least 3 times more than Naismith. Extra $5,000/game ratshit

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Naismith does need to get & stay on the ground these next few years but his tap work is critical to the team. The club has always rated this part of his game with the hope the rest of his game would develop with the more confidence he gained in his body. That has been an issue most definitely.
The rule that said you cannot take the ball out of the ruck certainly affected him. He used to do that in the reserves and did so again last season in the few games he had.

He likes to take the ball and take off like NicNat

Unless he is going to become a top tier ruck like Gawn or Grundy then don’t bother

As he is useless out of the ruck

Won’t get to 60 games for the club is my prediction

Hope I’m wrong and he is a a star
Really? How many ruckmen actually achieve what Gawn or Grundy have? That is a totally inane statement. You are asking him to be All Australian. ******* hard task. I think he will be a good ruckman. It is not about the total volume of his taps. His taps to advantage play at 75%.

Really? How many ruckmen actually achieve what Gawn or Grundy have? That is a totally inane statement. You are asking him to be All Australian. ******* hard task. I think he will be a good ruckman. It is not about the total volume of his taps. His taps to advantage play at 75%.

No I’m saying if at 28 as a pure tap ruckman he won’t make that level of ruckwork ability it’s a wasted resource

How many taps to advantage has he had the last two years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy is on at least 3 times more than Naismith. Extra $5,000/game ratshit

Which part of my equation was incorrect

Naismith on an average afl salary has made almost as much per game

Because he hasn’t played , we still paid him

Are you his dad or something ? No objectivity

Keep Sinclair and develop kids

Play people who do more in general play and work around the ruck weakness

Focus on strengths
As naismiths ruck work alone is not that much of an advantage to carry the rest of his output (imo)

Quote all of these metrics you like mate that’s great but it’s 28 games and hasn’t been a game since 2017

So who cares really?
Sinclair is a s**t ruck. You want to keep a bloke who is 30 and can't hit to advantage? You are ******* demented for *'s sake. His percentage of advantage taps is 22%

Sinclair is a s**t ruck. You want to keep a bloke who is 30 and can't hit to advantage? You are ******* demented for fu**'s sake. His percentage of advantage taps is 22%

Ha ha geez Kept it together champ

He is an average ruck, competes hard and does more around the ground

Naismith is useless around the ground and an average ruck

Don’t give yourself a heart attack old boy

Lol the 28 gamer almost 30 year old is awesome and I’m ******* demented ha ha ha you are on another planet

Imo Naismith is as good as we've got at the moment and even if he only plays at the same level as pre knee reco then that's going to boost our output. Has anyone seen Knoll play? Why didn't we give him a run last year? Finished n top five in 2km trial recently and is a good size. How much improvement can the NEAFL provide? Didn't help Darcy Cameron. I recall last year when Reilly O'Brien started playing for Adelaide he looked out of his depth, but with more AFL experience he developed to the point of keeping Jacobs out. Now is the perfect time to test someone like Knoll and fastrack his development. s**t just realised Knoll is 26 already.
Michael Knoll has a ball drop like a Haybailer. It is woeful. Until he improves this he will not play seniors.

Naismith hasn’t proven anything he hasn’t played 30 games yet , is 28 this year and hasn’t played a full season ever, not taken the field for an afl game in almost 3 years
You are wrong. In2016 he was seen as one of the up and coming rucks of the AFL. He was pivotal in Swans playing 2016 GF.

In 2016 he was pivotal in us making the GF. His HO to advantage, his attack on player and ball forcing second stoppages was really good. His 78% HO to advantage when getting a clear hit out was what the pundits were so excited about

You are wrong. In2016 he was seen as one of the up and coming rucks of the AFL. He was pivotal in Swans playing 2016 GF.

It’s 2020 ffs so who cares what people thought he could do in 2016 players have been drafted and delisted since

In 2006 Adam Goodes won a Brownlow let’s bring him back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back