Player Watch #10: Shane Edwards - Retiring at Seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

cyril's a dud

wouldn't want him at tigerland
I always have a dig at my hawk mates that we got the best 2 Rioli's.Maurice & Daniel.
Can't wait for Jnr too arrive so Cyril can go further down my pecking order.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thought Titch was quiet, did a few special moments but didn't get much of it.

thought Short and Broad were outstanding

31948036_1752386234817009_4192894400323387392_n.jpg

Our boy Shedda getting some praise from the guys “On the Couch”.
Number 1 in the AFL for score assists - 7 ahead of anyone else.
They believe he should be spoken in the same breath as Martin and Cotchin.

High praise.
Well overdue.

Our boy Shedda getting some praise from the guys “On the Couch”.
Number 1 in the AFL for score assists - 7 ahead of anyone else.
They believe he should be spoken in the same breath as Martin and Cotchin.

High praise.
Well overdue.
I missed this tonight. Will have to watch it in a few hours when it’s on again. :D

I missed this tonight. Will have to watch it in a few hours when it’s on again. :D
The exchange (note - all punctuation for Brown has been added at my discretion, because he sure as hell didn’t use any as he spoke)

Brown: Underrated player seems to be the topic of the show tonight. Shane Edwards. You can’t get much more underrated in the competition than this man. He should be rated the same level as certainly Martin & Cotchin when we’re talking about the midfield. Have a look at his score assists.

Graphic shows 23 score assists, ranked #1

Healy: That’s 7 more than any player in the AFL.

Brown: 7 more than any player in the AFL. He’s fantastic and he can play in a number of different roles. He’s very, if you actually go to the footy and watch Shane Edwards play, he’s hard to track where he’s actually playing.

Roos: Isn’t it funny though Browny, as a premiership team, it’s unusual to have underrated players, but they did sneak up on us and when you look at those stats, most people out there would be “gee, Shane Edwards, I haven’t heard a lot about him”, it’s fascinating isn’t it?

Lyon: I think it’s because there’s four, not overrated, but four such highly rated, that we don’t get to the fifth.

Roos: yeah, Exactly.

Healy: But he’s very much the 5th Beatle there and he has been for some years and if you have a look at his possessions, point A to B, he very rarely wastes a possession.

THOUGHT - We should keep a count on who the 5th Beatle is at Richmond. I know Lambert has been described like this within the last 6 months and I feel like someone else may have been too.

Last edited:
The exchange (note - all punctuation got Brown has been added at my discretion, because he sure as hell didn’t use any as he spoke)

Brown: Underrated player seems to be the topic of the show tonight. Shane Edwards. You can’t get much more underrated in the competition than this man. He should be rated the same level as certainly Martin & Cotchin when we’re talking about the midfield. Have a look at his score assists.

Graphic shows 23 score assists, ranked #1

Healy: That’s 7 more than any player in the AFL.

Brown: 7 more than any player in the AFL. He’s fantastic and he can play in a number of different roles. He’s very, if you actually go to the footy and watch Shane Edwards play, he’s hard to track where he’s actually playing.

Roos: Isn’t it funny though Browny, as a premiership team, it’s unusual to have underrated players, but they did sneak up on us and when you look at those stats, most people out there would be “gee, Shane Edwards, I haven’t heard a lot about him”, it’s fascinating isn’t it?

Lyon: I think it’s because there’s four, not overrated, but four such highly rated, that we don’t get to the fifth.

Roos: yeah, Exactly.

Healy: But he’s very much the 5th Beatle there and he has been for some years and if you have a look at his possessions, point A to B, he very rarely wastes a possession.

THOUGHT - We should keep a count on who the 5th Beatle is at Richmond. I know Lambert has been described like this within the last 6 months and I feel like someone else may have been too.

Highlights the fact that highly paid experts have failed miserably in their job.

Be prepared to sit thru much chat on Oliver, Tom McDonald, Hogan... See Melbourne is a gun side again. “The real sleeper” according to Healy.
But they were s**t when we pantsed them apparently.
Oh and the pies are back too cos they beat the Bears in a cracking game of footy.
Now when I flip back thru my notes it seems the Pies were s**t when we played them, and the Bears were witches hats.
Oh and Nat Fyffe turned on a clinic against us, having a big hand in their four goals they scored in 120 minutes of footy. Massive impact.

No one on the couch noticed Grimes game, or Lambo’s or Jack G (T I)....three more that will sneak up on the experts. FMD

One of my favourite players to watch ever. He is a Harlem Globetrotter of the AFL.
Pulls off impossible handballs, lightning quick hands and usually disposes it well by foot while pulling off the occasional pearler, also the occasional shank.

If he cleaned up his disposal by foot I would classify him as an overall elite footballer.

He is so close but I love him all the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back