Official Club Stuff 10 Year Deal With Puma

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Well done CFC! :thumbsu:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...o-10-year-deal-with-puma-20190326-p517s9.html

Carlton have agreed to a 10-year, multi-million-dollar mega deal with sports apparel giants Puma in one of the biggest clothing sponsorship deals seen in Australian football.

The Age understands that the club’s agreement with sponsor Nike expires at the end of this season and that the Blues will be wearing Puma gear as of round one, 2020.

Its not a PUMA …..

Nike quality is for the tip ….. the swoosh can go. Been nothing great about Nike for years.

I would have been happy with ASICS too. Make some really good quality stuff especially in football boots.

Last edited by a moderator:

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
ILTCFC, well done on your mail! Always great with this info and were spot on a while ago. Well done and welcome to the family, Puma! It was them or Adidas I was hoping for. I am a big fan of Nike but they have dropped the ball completely the past few years and seemed to have been wanting to get out of the AFL market. They've served us well though for such a long time. Hope they step up to the plate with better quality off-field/on-field gear to buy, and looking at Richmond's stuff I think they will. Such a long term deal that is lucrative for the club is also fantastic.

MPH78

Senior List
Apr 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m a diehard Jordan fan and sneaker head so our long term association with Nike suited me perfectly.

Assuming the Puma deal is materially better for the club on multiple fronts, I can live with it. I guess lol

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Its not a PUMA …..

arnold-schwarzenegger-screaming-kindergarten-cop_480_poster.jpg

M_I_G

Premium Gold
Aug 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I really liked being the only Nike club and how enduring the relationship was. Excited for the future but probably would have picked adidas
It’s going to be odd a CFC kit without the Nike swoosh though

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Good news from what I've read about Puma on this forum.
Tangibly, what does this mean? More designs for casual wear? Better quality guernseys?

Back