Official Club Stuff 10 Year Deal With Puma

Happy to be rid of Nike though I've been a fan of theirs for much of my life.

Their care factor has dropped across world sport for years now. Poor quality across a majority of the sports that they cover.

Happy to be going with Puma who are going from strength to strength globally.

Welcome aboard.

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Good to finally get rid of Nike.

I’ve never been a Nike fan.

Spend a fortune on player sponsorship (Tiger Woods/Federer/Jordan etc) instead of product quality.

Very happy to see them go.

Personally I’m a big fan of ASICS/Under Armour but happy to see what PUMA come up with.

Last edited:

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Happy to be rid of Nike though I've been a fan of theirs for much of my life.

Their care factor has dropped across world sport for years now. Poor quality across a majority of the sports that they cover.

Happy to be going with Puma who are going from strength to strength globally.

Welcome aboard.

Zion Williamson agreed............

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Zion Williamson agreed............
His shoe broke
tenor-3.gif

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

curnow inferno

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
1553921893189.png
looking forward to having proper merch like this where the emblems are actually stitched on and not the printed on rubbish nike has been serving us the last few years. not to mention the horrible orange nike and the parachute type material they seem to love making all our merch with. the whole puma richmond range on their website actually looks good quality. also hoping but not expecting we go back to the previous stitched on monogram rather than the current half and half 3d look they have gone for as well as having a half decent looking collar on our guernseys.

https://tigerland.shopdesq.com/mens/richmond-tigers---2019-puma-team-hoodie

The Ian PrenderCast

Senior List
Jun 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Good news for the Club. A 20 year commercial partnership is an outstanding achievement and one worth recognising, but the time had come to part company and seek pastures new.

The simple fact is Nike are cooked in this country in this space. Have a look at our competitors, let alone those overseas (allowing for economies of scale) and it's obvious Nike's slow, painful and frustrating decline has hamstrung the Club for years.

The overall 'product' that the Club receives had deteriorated sharply of late, with heat pressed logos and badges, an underwhelming and insufficient range of consumer apparel, shocking delivery timelines and other key factors spelling the end of the line for the swoosh.

The embossed monogram on our official match guernsey had even been stripped back to an imitation of what it should be.

I reckon we'll be rapt with what Puma deliver.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Hopefully this marks the end of the worst era in our history. No flags, 1 GF, 6 finals wins with Nike. Now that we’re back with the Dassler clan I expect the cups to come rolling in.

Brothers Rudi & Adi Dassler ...

Rudi - Puma
Adi - Adidas

Good news for the Club. A 20 year commercial partnership is an outstanding achievement and one worth recognising, but the time had come to part company and seek pastures new.

The simple fact is Nike are cooked in this country in this space. Have a look at our competitors, let alone those overseas (allowing for economies of scale) and it's obvious Nike's slow, painful and frustrating decline has hamstrung the Club for years.

The overall 'product' that the Club receives had deteriorated sharply of late, with heat pressed logos and badges, an underwhelming and insufficient range of consumer apparel, shocking delivery timelines and other key factors spelling the end of the line for the swoosh.

The embossed monogram on our official match guernsey had even been stripped back to an imitation of what it should be.

I reckon we'll be rapt with what Puma deliver.
sold

Back