Official Club Stuff 10 Year Deal With Puma

Remove this Banner Ad

Which one??? The away strip leaves HEAPS to be desired.
*sigh*

We can't do any better than what we currently have. Do you want a royal base like Melbourne does nowadays? Because we've tried sky blue, we've tried grey, and everyone hated those. White is the only club colour left that'll solve a clash.

Everyone, it is 2019. No one is safe from clash jumpers anymore.

*sigh*

We can't do any better than what we currently have. Do you want a royal base like Melbourne does nowadays? Because we've tried sky blue, we've tried grey, and everyone hated those. White is the only club colour left that'll solve a clash.

Everyone, it is 2019. No one is safe from clash jumpers anymore.

Sky Blue (M&M’s the original break from tradition) is probably the best of the lot vs the away white shorts that used to solve the problem...

I think our jumper is fine as it is and I probably wouldn't notice a slight change in the colour.

Its all about the supporters merchandise for me. Good polo shirts, hoodies and even training/gym shorts. Plus I hope they bring back the long sleeve adult playing jumper.

I think our jumper is fine as it is and I probably wouldn't notice a slight change in the colour.

Its all about the supporters merchandise for me. Good polo shirts, hoodies and even training/gym shorts. Plus I hope they bring back the long sleeve adult playing jumper.
I've no issue with any of the prominent suppliers, nor with any of the colors they adopt from time to time. I just wish one of them would introduce a fitted polo into their range. Am not a fan of floppy sack like garments.

I respect your opinion, but our jumper at the moment is not fine
Sure, the colour is alright (if anything it's maybe a little dark)
But the quality of the material is disgraceful
The ironed on numbers & sponsors are disgraceful
And the fact the CFC is not raised is lazy and unacceptable

The jumper is number 1 priority - everything else is just extra

I've been out of the industry for a while now but I worked selling athletic sports apparel and shoes for approximately 12 years. Once upon a time Nike were innovators and released plenty of awesome products. Sadly over the last 6 years or so I've noticed a massive decline in quality and the same rinse and repeat stuff or minor tweaks to product.

It was an awesome deal while it lasted and I'm rapt Nike stuck with us for so long but it's definitely time to move on. Can't wait to see and buy what Puma can make for us, hoping the new stuff hits before Chrissy

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% agree. The Nike stuff was so bad, which is weird given how great their stuff can be. It was almost like they dumped all the crappy left over stuff on us.

Prior to Nike coming on board we were sponsored by Adidas. Nike come in to sponsor the football and soccer club. At the time a contact from within the soccer club told me that Nike had offered 10 times what Adidas had offered (something like $1 mill per year). Thank you Nike for your involvement with our great club.

Prior to Nike coming on board we were sponsored by Adidas. Nike come in to sponsor the football and soccer club. At the time a contact from within the soccer club told me that Nike had offered 10 times what Adidas had offered (something like $1 mill per year). Thank you Nike for your involvement with our great club.
Serious question because I have no idea, but why didn't the carlton soccer club work out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little off track but absolutely Puma related, if anyone happens to be travelling near Rochester in central Vic., take the time to check out the Sports Museum there.
It is brilliant! It consists of sport memorabilia gathered by an absolute gentleman named John Forbes who was very high up with Puma back in the day.
Things like Dennis Lillee's aluminium bat, Cliff Young's tracksuit, Sergei Bubka's tracksuit, Adam Gilchrist's gloves, Gavin Brown's premiership jumper and a serious amount of other stuff is there.
I spent a work gathering in his company once and it was one of the best nights I have ever had.
'Forbesy' also had a fair bit to do with the Tynan-Ayre cup and a one-dayer was held in Bendigo a few years ago as a fundraiser when he got pretty crook. Blokes like Warnie and Gilly played - showing the level they hold him.

ps. I have no affiliation at all with the project, no irons in the fire etc. I am just a start struck sports fan who still can't believe the stuff in the collection!

A little off track but absolutely Puma related, if anyone happens to be travelling near Rochester in central Vic., take the time to check out the Sports Museum there.
It is brilliant! It consists of sport memorabilia gathered by an absolute gentleman named John Forbes who was very high up with Puma back in the day.
Things like Dennis Lillee's aluminium bat, Cliff Young's tracksuit, Sergei Bubka's tracksuit, Adam Gilchrist's gloves, Gavin Brown's premiership jumper and a serious amount of other stuff is there.
I spent a work gathering in his company once and it was one of the best nights I have ever had.
'Forbesy' also had a fair bit to do with the Tynan-Ayre cup and a one-dayer was held in Bendigo a few years ago as a fundraiser when he got pretty crook. Blokes like Warnie and Gilly played - showing the level they hold him.

ps. I have no affiliation at all with the project, no irons in the fire etc. I am just a start struck sports fan who still can't believe the stuff in the collection!
Where in/near Rochy is this Sports Museum & how long has it been there? If it is worthwhile I might consider stopping there instead of driving straight through to avoid bumping into anyone I know in Rochy.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-11-01/blues-partner-with-puma-in-landmark-deal

No disrepect intended, but ... the club should be commerical enough by now to start employing proper voice actors for our video montages and releases.

Especially for releases of this magnitude.

The person who currently does the voice over on the official puma partnership video must be an in-house employee, as they have zero resonance and sound a little nasally in their voice.

Not a major thing, but I just think we could have hit the mark a little better for such a big announcement.

Love Puma and a great deal.

The new gear kinda looks like a poorly laid out billboard though :/ just tried to cram the sponsors on this:

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-11-01/blues-partner-with-puma-in-landmark-deal

No disrepect intended, but ... the club should be commerical enough by now to start employing proper voice actors for our video montages and releases.

Especially for releases of this magnitude.

The person who currently does the voice over on the official puma partnership video must be an in-house employee, as they have zero resonance and sound a little nasally in their voice.

Not a major thing, but I just think we could have hit the mark a little better for such a big announcement.
Isn’t that David Teague doing the voice over?

Mmmmmmmm... it’s better than what we’ve had in the past couple years - significantly so - but isnt knock your socks off amazing. Agree with CaptainCharisma above that the hoodie is a touch disappointing, without the sponsors it’s looks a bit teamwear-y, but the variety of product and sizing is pleasing overall.

naturally the guernseys are on the way, so we wait and see what if any variations exist there, but I do wonder about the long mooted update to the AFL logo. for some reason I’d convinced myself it was coming for the 2020 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back