Player Watch #10 Zak Jones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Citrus22

Team Captain
AFL Club
Sydney
Really hope he finds his place in the midfield next year, his speed and flair could really give a different look in there. That and his defensive ability playing across half back is always a bit of a worry..

Mick Oxlong

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Really hope he finds his place in the midfield next year, his speed and flair could really give a different look in there. That and his defensive ability playing across half back is always a bit of a worry..
That’s what happens when you turn an attacking player into a defender. I’m looking forward to seeing if he can establish himself in the midfield, his samples have been good.

Jewelsbon

Club Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
As frustrating as his brain fades are at times, he is an excellent talent. Tough as nails, decent pace and highly aggressive. We need to put a 4 year deal in front of him
Yep agree with this, I think (hope and pray) that Zac will tear it up in the middle. I also think his brain fades have abated with maturity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Was watching some Swans replays from this year last night and in all of them there were only three players who seem to consistently have that gut instinct to keep the game rolling and move it on quickly: Buddy, Florent, and Jones. It’s their go-to response the second they touch the ball.

No idea why Jones gets so muck flack. Understandable that he’s frustrating with his brain fades and hot-headed antics, but we need more of Jones’ type. Those not afraid to play with some run and dare. Yes it doesn’t work all the time but he’s mercurial type who is awesome when he does pull it off.

Top Bottom