Past Zak Jones - traded 2019, to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

So pleased - it must have been a huge decision as he must have wanted to play with his big brother at Melbourne.

Well I'm sad to see him go to Melbourne but I think we all knew....Hey. Wait a minute!

Good on him for re signing. Would have moved him but having watched his brother for a decade he was never going to leave. The loyalty in Nathan is as good as any and it almost seems as if he has told his brother to stay.

Gonna have a ripper on your hands if he develops like Nat

I'm bloody stoked about this. Reckon in 2 years time he'll have a huge contract price as I think he's going to genuinely start to tear it up the next year or two.

Love him & his brother's attitude & values too. It would have been easy for both of them to be selfish & follow the money &/or "fairytale" but they both stayed loyal &, in Nathans case especially, stuck it out there & soldiered on when the grass was obviously much greener elsewhere.

The way they train more than they need to. The passion & emotion shown when we made the 16GF. The same on the field. Their comments about loyalty & what matters to them. The way they play. They stand up & aren't afraid. They are crackers of players. Glad one of them is on our list.

On ya Zakka!! :thumbsu:

No doubt in my mind that this contract business has impacted on his performance in recent weeks and you can almost sence his relief that it is done now. Look out Cats this week!
While we will never know details of the negotiations, can't help but think the club has played this one pretty well. And Zakka will have a lot more bargaining power next time with two more years development at our great club.

disappointing thing about equalization is that brothers, more often than not, don't get to play together. I shared sporting joys with two brothers and we still reminisce and laugh about it 25 years on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt in my mind that this contract business has impacted on his performance in recent weeks and you can almost sence his relief that it is done now. Look out Cats this week!
While we will never know details of the negotiations, can't help but think the club has played this one pretty well. And Zakka will have a lot more bargaining power next time with two more years development at our great club.

disappointing thing about equalization is that brothers, more often than not, don't get to play together. I shared sporting joys with two brothers and we still reminisce and laugh about it 25 years on.
Equalisation doesn't stop father/son selections. It doesn't prevent Academy selections. Free agency also counters that somewhat. Players can nominate clubs now. That's the ideal scenario for players wanting to play with certain others. Look at the Selwoods & you can see this in action.

I understand rookies maybe don't have the power to decide where they go all the time but I feel like player movement is as much in the hands of the players as ever before.

Look at McCarthy to Freo. Or Danger to Geelong. They said "I'm going there" & there was simply no other outcome availible.

Really good news!

He was quite poor last week but has been a leading light this season. Impressed by his hardness around the footy. He needs to bring that this week.

Tippett's contract will be finished by then so we'll have more money to give him depending on how well he has developed.
Great news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back