FTA-TV 11.22.63

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
This new miniseries is a Stephen King adaptation starring James Franco.

The pilot was reminiscent of Life on Mars, the story involves time travel in an attempt to prevent the JFK assassination. Enjoyed the pilot a lot, worth a look.

Would you recommend reading the book before watching this?
I couldn't see a problem with that. Been a few years since I read it.
I always like to read a book before I see the movie if at all possible.
I remember reading Grishams 'The Firm' and kept having the awful Tom Cruise pop into my head.

No book spoilers before they air please.

I enjoyed it. But I thought it was weird he didn't leave and come back after the gambling guy chased him around. Already having the money, reliving the day outside of gambling would be a small chore compared to worrying about his kneecaps for 3 years.

That was probably done on purpose so it bites him on the ass soon and he does a Groundhog Day episode.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad someone started a thread about this. Was just browsing Stan and came across the show. Not a JF fan at all but was hooked in about 5 mins. Really looking forward to the remainder of the series. Really interesting proposition for a TV show.

Not a JF fan at all but was hooked in about 5 mins.

Not by yourself in regards to Franco. I'm one of the rare fans of his, but first impressions play a big part and the two things I saw him in first were the James Dean biopic and City by the Sea arguably still his two best performances.

Not by yourself in regards to Franco. I'm one of the rare fans of his, but first impressions play a big part and the two things I saw him in first were the James Dean biopic and City by the Sea arguably still his two best performances.

Happy to be reconsider him as an actor based on his performances on this show. Will also check out the movies you referenced. The only actor I won't reconsider is Mark Ruffalo. Hope he's on the first manned mission to Mars.

Well im about to get 3 free months of stan with my new NBN contract at least it will have something I want to watch.

Is it like netflix when the whole series is released at once or is it weekly episodes?

Weekly.

Man I hope if this one is done right they will finally make a proper the stand to series instead of the films.

But of a hit and miss with King's films adaptations.

This show has a lot of potential I have enjoyed it so far, haven't read the book yet so may just watch the show and then read the book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back