Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t even bother listening to what Lloyd said.

Why?

Is it because he is media now? He has an opinion that some don't like?

Does Lloyds years of playing in successful teams not count? Nor his passion for the club? Do you honestly think he does not talk to anyone there? Is he stretching the truth at all? Does Zaharakis have more credibility then Lloyd? Does Zaharakis know what it takes to win a final? Maybe Lloyds opinions line up with the rest of the competitions thoughts, but because it comes from a club legend no longer playing we don't listen?

Sorry but Im interested why you don't list to Lloyd and would like to know. Maybe I'm missing something?

Stop trolling DERO everyone

Lloyd is actually right this club doesn't know what success is and its culture is pathetic. There were positive signs during the preseason but in round 1 we saw it with the inability to put the foot down to bury the Dockers.
I think it’s tough to assess where we’re at based on one game in unique circumstances.

I think it’s tough to assess where we’re at based on one game in unique circumstances.

Except it was standard Essendon producing some good footy but not putting it together for four quarters. This club has struggled for sometime and the saga has cast a long shadow over the club.

Personally I lost faith in Zaka about 5 years ago but his absolute best form could be very important to any chances we have of winning a final in 2020. With Hibberds inclusion and Smith back (plus McGrath and and Parish more developed) we may get some quality ball to someone like Zaharakis where we really do need some class in delivery on the outside and perhaps even some more midfield scoring potency.

He can get on a roll but the big question is will he? He wouldn't want to leave much in the tank because others will move past him very soon.

Last edited:
Personally I lost faith in Zaka about 5 years ago but his absolute best form could be very important to any chances we have of winning a final in 2020. With Hibberds inclusion and Smith back (plus McGrath and and Parish more developed) we may get some quality ball to someone like Zaharakis where we really do need some class in delivery on the outside and perhaps even some more midfield scoring potency.

He can get on a roll but the big question is will he? He wouldn't want to leave much in the tank because others will move past him very soon.
"Quality ball to someone 'like' Zaharakis..." Redman's ya Huckleberry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad games happen. Unfortunately, when was the last time he strung a few games together that justified his spot in the team. He looks like a player that has lost their hunger and is going through the motions. Has been through a lot as a playing group so I empathise, but surely needs to spend some time soul searching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back