resurrector

Team Captain
Apr 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Just going about his business picking up 20 touches n a goal a game whilst rarely wasting a posession. Keep at em Zaka.
Got me beat why there's numerous posters calling for your head every week 🤷‍♂️

Salmon technically played his 200th for us in the 90's so I'm not continue it.

And anybody saying Stanton is an absolute nuffie.
Read it again eth, did lol though.

Good post Eth Dog. Clubs need brilliant players and they also need very good, durable players who can help with consistency. Zaharakis and Stanton are probably on a par. Zara has maybe had more glorious days, but Stanton has super high output for a long time. I’m not keen to pile on to Zaharakis at all.

Also - my wife is in love with him. And she’s got great taste.
I would put Stanton a fair way ahead of Zaka. I think he finished outside the top 10 three times throughout his career here, his first year, his last year and 2016.

Paul_Barnard

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
What a ******* fraud footballer. Great 3rd quarter, 2 selfish turn over inside 50s leading to port goals from our most experienced player.
Get him out to the Gold Coast while he still tricks people into thinking he's a player..

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Had a decent month before today.

But the team review will not be an easy couple of hours for him on Monday.

Some of his tackling and defensive running efforts were deplorable, and burning a wide open Walla 25 out from goal to miss will not be easy to forget

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Had a decent month before today.

That is not really true. He had a very good game against the Swans in round 16, kicking three goals, and been very ordinary in the four games that followed.

He hasn't had a good year and really should be used in a different role. He should be used as a forward that occasionally plays in the midfield.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
This bloke's year has been the definition of mediocre. What the hell has happened to him? Not just the positional change, but his effort and intensity are non-existent. I can't remember the last time he's ever put his body on the line for the sake of a 50/50 groundball or a marking contest. If I hear the phrase 'bruise free footy' - I think David Zaharakis.

Deserved to be dropped on numerous occasions this year, but he won't. He's a Golden Boy if I ever saw one.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
This bloke's year has been the definition of mediocre. What the hell has happened to him? Not just the positional change, but his effort and intensity are non-existent. I can't remember the last time he's ever put his body on the line for the sake of a 50/50 groundball or a marking contest. If I hear the phrase 'bruise free footy' - I think David Zaharakis.

Deserved to be dropped on numerous occasions this year, but he won't. He's a Golden Boy if I ever saw one.

"Not enough experience out there" Forget that the experienced players have poor habits and don't execute the non-negotiables and are individually out of form.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Is borderline best 22 these days.

Sure he maybe carrying something, but his year has been mediocre at best. Just doesn’t have a big enough impact on games, given he doesn’t get any attention from opponents these days.

I think he’ll be under real pressure next year to see senior footy.

Back