Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

11 - [PLAYERCARD]David Zaharakis[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2021
Last Game Played: Round 19, 2021 (omit)

Injury Status: n/a

Last edited by a moderator:
19 touches, 4 tackles, and a goal.

Not a fantastic game but nowhere near our worst.

Was good to see him chaired off a winner in number 200.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
David was the only Essendon player able to get a spoiling fist to the ball in GWS’s last forward 50 entry last week when they could have tied.

In addition to his quality use and three goals yesterday he had a number of very important last line defensive efforts.

People saying he was HF yesterday but I don’t think that was accurate. I think he was HB/wing and only got forward with our press.

He is really improving his defensive efforts last few weeks and proving me wrong. That makes me happy because I really like him, keep it up Zaka!

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I posted a few weeks back that I thought Zaka would prove his doubters wrong and that he still has several years left in him in our best 22. He may not be consistent but how many fringe players can put in match winning performances even on the odd occasion.

He's always been a confidence player and now that his tail is up I expect he'll keep playing at a good level for at least the next few games but hopefully for the rest of the season. I thought last year he started off the season in terrific form and it was only post injury that he fell back to the level where people started calling for him to be dropped. He's also been someone that can rise in big games. In fact I'm sure most of us want to forget the Sydney final but he was one of our best on that day.

Paul_Barnard

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Where was he Sunday (again)?
Host of leaders and experienced players out and he was simply loitering on the outside all night looking for a cheap kick.
Other than for half of 2016, he's a fraud who has coaxed us into thinking he's a player since winning the medal on ANZAC day 2013.
Should be a candidate to be dropped before Snelling & Langford.

RearNaked

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
TEAM MIR!!!!!!!!!
Where was he Sunday (again)?
Host of leaders and experienced players out and he was simply loitering on the outside all night looking for a cheap kick.
Other than for half of 2016, he's a fraud who has coaxed us into thinking he's a player since winning the medal on ANZAC day 2013.
Should be a candidate to be dropped before Snelling & Langford.
Bit harsh

Hopefully he'll be the last guy to be gifted 200 games for the club. There has been too many of these in the last 20 years.
Okay, which of:

Fletcher, Lloyd, Lucas, Stanton, Hird, Misiti, McVeigh, Watson and Mercuri were gifted 200 games?

Hopefully he'll be the last guy to be gifted 200 games for the club. There has been too many of these in the last 20 years.
Okay, which of:

Fletcher, Lloyd, Lucas, Stanton, Hird, Misiti, McVeigh, Watson and Mercuri were gifted 200 games?
Paul Simon sung it best

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Okay, which of:

Good post Eth Dog. Clubs need brilliant players and they also need very good, durable players who can help with consistency. Zaharakis and Stanton are probably on a par. Zara has maybe had more glorious days, but Stanton has super high output for a long time. I’m not keen to pile on to Zaharakis at all.

Also - my wife is in love with him. And she’s got great taste.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Congrats Zaka!

You're the wife's favourite player - do her proud and play a cracker.
I just wanted to add that my wife’s favourite player is Walla. I can only think of squalor and hola that could go on a banner so when it’s Walla’s turn.

Congrats Walla!

You’re my wife’s favourite player, kick 5 goals and I’m happy for you to give her a hola!

Back