Zaka’s other podcast that he hosts;

He’s not actually in this particular clip but it has Jobe so meh

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
My long time favourite but he should not be a regular.

Maybe 15 games per season for the rest of his career?

Redman, Ham, Cahill, Hibberd, Cutler, Guelfi and Ridley should be pushing to be in front of Zaka or, in the case of Ham, Hibberd and Cahill, as close to Zaka as one can get.

I suppose McKenna too but he's too valuable for the back 6 to neglect his spot.

When it's the end of the season and he plays incredibly well, feel free to bump this comment.

Another season's upon us.

Back in full training now.

“David’s also doing extremely well. He had surgery towards the end of the season on an ankle and then again earlier in the off-season (on his knee),” Rundle said.

“He had a slow start to his rehab, but he’s come on really well and he’s essentially training fully with the group at the moment.

In other news since this was last bumped, he is also in the leadership group.

DonsDonsDons

Rookie
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m sorry. Don’t know if you’ve all just seen the interview on the efc site. But he’s almost impossible to watch/listen to. You can tell all he wants is to be in the media/be in front of a camera/ be famous...to the point that he loses the ability to construct sentences. Great kick over 30 meters but that’s about it.

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m sorry. Don’t know if you’ve all just seen the interview on the efc site. But he’s almost impossible to watch/listen to. You can tell all he wants is to be in the media/be in front of a camera/ be famous...to the point that he loses the ability to construct sentences. Great kick over 30 meters but that’s about it.
lol love that you'd had 12 posts in 4 years on Bigfooty and decided this was worth logging on to add to the tally

He's normally quite good at stringing words together...that's why he is one of the first guys we roll out for interviews when things aren't going well. He's good at being positive and can handle any curveballs thrown at him, says the right things... It's the kind of leadership that can be really encouraging to teammates and supporters. Not sure what his kicking has to do with it, I didn't see him kick anything in the interview?

Syndesmosis (ankle) surgery at the end of last season, meniscus tear arthroscope in December, and a corkie last week, but now he's good to go and available for round 1.

Paul_Barnard

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Absolutely pathetic. Two touches in the final quarter when the game was on the line. Self-serving. This guy is poison.

A leader apparently...
That loopy kick into 50 which somehow ended in a Snelling goal illustrates how useless and selfish he is. Burned Tippa to kick it to a 3on1 for Freo.
What does he bring to make us a better side?
Absolutely taking the club for a ride, somethings at Essendon never change..

If Zaka is pissed now I can’t wait to see his reaction to this

So they have:

A 2x AA CHB at FF
A genuine midfielder off half back
No Genuine Key Forward

Surely you dump Jones (good player, but hardly ahead of plenty of others in this draft class), move Hannebery to the bench and slot Watts into FF (who, for all his faults, is the only viable key forward).

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Of course Zaka will dispute what Llordo said. He's part of the problem.

Hate to be all "CLUBISCOOKED" etc but Llordo is completely right. But I think we're on a great path right now, so that's the main thing.

Of course Zaka will dispute what Llordo said. He's part of the problem.

Hate to be all "CLUBISCOOKED" etc but Llordo is completely right. But I think we're on a great path right now, so that's the main thing.
Lloyd stopped being relevant in 2009.

Back