Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for Zaka it's a team sport and he is doing more harm than good playing this selfish role. I've lost count of the amount of times he has called for the ball when in a shocking position to do so purely to get a stat over the last few weeks. That and torching Stringer when open inside 50 and instead blazing away to kick a goal he is no longer capable of.

Ham must be given an opportunity this week, at least he plays a selfless team game.
Absolutely, it's incredibly counterproductive. But when you're in that situation and you're desperate to prove yourself you aren't really thinking of the bigger picture.

It's also a reality that he has hardly played. Had an interrupted pre-season and has been a sub without playing much VFL.

I don't think he is a completely spent force as a forward. He should be a different player physically in the next few weeks as his conditioning improves.

I'd like to see him hold on as an elder statesman through a finals campaign, particularly one who can be converted into a self-less role player, but it is a bit hard to see at the moment.

I agree with most in that he was a good player at one time - but he would be absolutely terrible in any finals side imo. Finals is a different game and is one that doesn’t suit his game at all.

This line gets thrown out a lot and is not often meant in a literal sense, but he genuinely looks afraid of the ball at times.

Haven't been his biggest fan, but he definitely has some skill. Enjoyed his sidestep tonight. Wish he'd push himself a little harder and do more of that stuff.

Hope his injury isn't too bad.

Fantastic servant of the club that deserves life membership as reward for his loyalty and to be welcomed back anytime after his career has finished but he needs to move on to next chapter of his footballing career.

He’s a free agent correct? Not sure what that compensation pick will return but surely worth more than what we’d get back in a trade.

Fantastic servant of the club that deserves life membership as reward for his loyalty and to be welcomed back anytime after his career has finished but he needs to move on to next chapter of his footballing career.

He’s a free agent correct? Not sure what that compensation pick will return but surely worth more than what we’d get back in a trade.
It would depend on what kind of contract he was offered elsewhere.

Band 5 compensation is after your pick in the third round, which is the lowest tier of compensation, but if the offer is low enough he simply won't qualify for compensation at all.

Reckon he would garner us a third in compo if he goes full mercenary.

Most likely he goes to a top team for less however for some chance of success.

Either mind I dont mind.

A trade...for Zaharakis? You been on the cans mate?

Don’t think we can trade with EFL clubs. Good servant of the club but like others have said it’s time to hang them up.

Always found him articulate discussing footy, think he has a career in coaching or media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Geelong, West Coast and Melbourne would all have a sniff as a cheap free agent.

Dont think that is the right move forbthem, but those were the three that most came to mind.
Isaac Smith, Shaun Higgins and David Zaharakis. Spot the odd one out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back