Player Watch #11 Tom Papley - Telling it like it is

idTAwFiA.jpg

Tom Papley

Player Profile

Tom Papley swapped his plumbing tools for a Sherrin when the Sydney Swans sprung a draft surprise in 2015 – and the pocket-rocket forward has since become a crucial member of coach John Longmire’s side. Papley has played 20 or more senior games in every one of his four full seasons in the AFL and was at his best in 2019, topping Sydney’s goal-kicking leaderboard and finishing fourth in the Bob Skilton Medal voting. The Gippsland Power product took on more time in the midfield in 2019 and is likely to again split his time between the forward line and centre bounce this year. Papley was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in 2017. Draft history: 2016 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 12; 2016 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Tom Papley
DOB: 13 July 1996
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Bunyip (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard Papley to Carlton from someone

Though he is full of s**t I reckon

Rumours have been going around on this one for a while (Believe they actually started on Bigfooty as well).

But his contracted for next year (And not even a free agent in 2020).

I would be putting my money on him staying personally, not worried in the slightest.

Rumours have been going around on this one for a while (Believe they actually started on Bigfooty as well).

But his contracted for next year (And not even a free agent in 2020).

I would be putting my money on him staying personally, not worried in the slightest.

What if I told you that someone was behind you

Would you worry then

giantsully

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Swans
Ironic the Carlton-to-draft-Papley rumours given their small forwards were much better than ours (including TP) on the weekend. Maybe we should be into their smalls? Ronke's form has fallen ff a cliff.,

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
I've not seen one credible source say that Papley is leaving. Idle speculation masquerading as news.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I have heard Papley to Carlton from someone

The family connection to the club seems to be pretty important to him given he took his grandfather's number.

I think what has everyone spooked is how far he has developed this year..he is extremely close to putting himself amongst the competitions elite

wouldnt be top 50 yet, but hope we keep him

Back