Player Watch #11 It's just Tom Papley !

Wolfgang West

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Trade Mills? Lol ffs this place is bloody hysterical.

Yeah Mills sorry mate, an injured guy who hasn’t played in 18 months sat down with Harley so you’ll need to pack your bags.

What a precedent that would set. Forcing academy players who have shown talent out the door while they’re contracted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No way would I trade Mills but don't get to carried away with the supposed Academy talent just yet. When Heeney or Mills become the Stars they were touted to be then we can get excited about what we are producing. As yet that has not happened but having said that does not mean it won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swannnnn

Debutant
Oct 24, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
We’re not Sydney Swans circa 1982 whereby players had to relocate so were given the option of living in Sydney or Melbourne. Hannebery was a kid, studying year 12 and Papley is a grown man. He wants out of Sydney then he can sit on his arse for 12 months in Melbourne and watch Channel 504

You're right Mick, we're 1982 swans anymore. Part of me agrees with you in that he should just suck it up and get on with it, but the reality of the situation is that he seems to be struggling. We want him to be happy and continue to play good footy, and if allowing him to stay a few extra days a week in Melbourne does that, then they should consider it.

Mick Oxlong

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
You're right Mick, we're 1982 swans anymore. Part of me agrees with you in that he should just suck it up and get on with it, but the reality of the situation is that he seems to be struggling. We want him to be happy and continue to play good footy, and if allowing him to stay a few extra days a week in Melbourne does that, then they should consider it.
He plays AFL football for the Sydney Swans, they are based in Sydney. All for total support in Sydney and that’s what he’ll get...he can cry over his lost contract opportunity for a further 12 months until a suitable trade offer is provided.

Swannnnn

Debutant
Oct 24, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
He plays AFL football for the Sydney Swans, they are based in Sydney. All for total support in Sydney and that’s what he’ll get...he can cry over his lost contract opportunity for a further 12 months until a suitable trade offer is provided.

Yeah, if in the end, it was all about missing out on a pay rise, then he can suck it up

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
he is welcome to retire and step away from afl if life is that bad

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Im ready to move Horse on, BUT Papley signed this contract when Horse was coach, so it must be something recent

Needs to put the big boy pants on and sort it out, whatever problems he has at the club

Again if its serious mental health etc etc and he needs time away from the game, do it, whatever you need to do.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Im ready to move Horse on, BUT Papley signed this contract when Horse was coach, so it must be something recent

Needs to put the big boy pants on and sort it out, whatever problems he has at the club

Again if its serious mental health etc etc and he needs time away from the game, do it, whatever you need to do.
Nothing to do with mental health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
Papley is sour because he had apparently already packed and moved back to Melbourne while holidaying in Europe at the same time. So you would be sour if you were in two places at once and then had to head back to Sydney to get paid hundreds of thousands to play football. First world issues that face Papley.

MarkP

That guy
Jun 22, 2012
Zombie apocalypse
AFL Club
Sydney
Then as others suggested, he can put his big boy pants on and get on with being a professional footballer getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars
I am not a huge fan of my boss but I get up every day and trundle on in and do my best.

Welcome to life Tom.

As a plumber you are going to be dealing with a lot of shit as well.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I don't see much to go on here. bedford has had some scoops but he's also had some fizzers.

I'll assume Papley will turn up to the club in good faith and be a professional until he proves otherwise. Just because he wanted out doesn't mean a good working relationship can't be salvaged. And if he wants out again in 12 months, fine, he can bugger off then.

MarkP

That guy
Jun 22, 2012
Zombie apocalypse
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't see much to go on here. bedford has had some scoops but he's also had some fizzers.

I'll assume Papley will turn up to the club in good faith and be a professional until he proves otherwise. Just because he wanted out doesn't mean a good working relationship can't be salvaged. And if he wants out again in 12 months, fine, he can bugger off then.
For pick 7 :p

Top Bottom