Player Watch #11: Jake Batchelor - Delisted

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Well done mate! I was worried last year and this year that his career was over. he has managed to turn this around by using his strength, his kicking and his aggression and is playing a super team orientated game. He is 100% a starting 22 player and hope he keeps his spot for another 100 games.

Look at tich for a example batch. hard work and ignore the haters. Do that and you will have a long career in the yellow and black.

Great stuff from Batch, real role player down back. Doesn't do a lot of flashy things but if he keeps playing his role, he'll keep getting a game. Great size and quite strong too means he can be handy for a few different match ups on both medium and taller forwards when needed.

Well done batch, cemented his spot in the 22 imo. Still remember when he gave hurley a bath at the G, great to watch. Love his recent aggression and the fact that hes throwing his body weight around

SumTingWong

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 10, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, NY Giants, NY Mets
Great stuff from Batch, real role player down back. Doesn't do a lot of flashy things but if he keeps playing his role, he'll keep getting a game. Great size and quite strong too means he can be handy for a few different match ups on both medium and taller forwards when needed.
This for me. There are guys in a glory days that I don't remember playing for us. Not everyone has to be a star.

I should just cut and paste my post from the Grimes troll thread...

Batch and Grimes along with Rance, Chaplin, Morris + whoever takes the 6th spot out of Vlastuin, Houli etc... have developed some real chemistry over the 2nd half of this year.

Seem like a pretty close and committed team within a team too which IMO is very important amongst a defensive unit.

Well done Jake!

Killer deep seismic voice too ------ oh, sorry, wrong Batchelor! :oops:

Looked right up against it at the end of last season, Well done to him for pushing through and keeping his spot.

I think right now he is focussing on playing his role and is doing it well. In time I hope he can bring his play making side to his game
at AFL level as well.

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
Well done mate! I was worried last year and this year that his career was over. he has managed to turn this around by using his strength, his kicking and his aggression and is playing a super team orientated game. He is 100% a starting 22 player and hope he keeps his spot for another 100 games.

Look at tich for a example batch. hard work and ignore the haters. Do that and you will have a long career in the yellow and black.
Love Batch but he won't be down back once Astbury is fit. They need to be training him up as the third tall defensive forward in the pre season or trade him to upgrade our second or third pick. I believe he is the best judge of the flight of the ball at our club since Joel Bowden and could be a very dangerous forward that wacks in hard and kicks 1 or 2 a game plus works hard to lock it in when it goes to ground. Have always loved Batch and glad he's got his shot but he ain't gonna get a shot in the backline over Rance , Chappy , Grimes and Astbury so we better get trading or creative in the off season or he is going to spend another 2 years rotting in the VFL playing fullback at 190 cm's .

RoaringTiger

Team Captain
May 1, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
After the game last week while going around the boundary, he and dusty were giving an Adelaide supporter and his girlfriend the shocker. Did anyone else see it, it was a classic. He has got some balls and some spunk and is tuff!!

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
After the game last week while going around the boundary, he and dusty were giving an Adelaide supporter and his girlfriend the shocker. Did anyone else see it, it was a classic. He has got some balls and some spunk and is tuff!!
What's the shocker , CB17 told me what it was last year but I think it might be different than your shocker

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
Love Batch but he won't be down back once Astbury is fit. They need to be training him up as the third tall defensive forward in the pre season or trade him to upgrade our second or third pick. I believe he is the best judge of the flight of the ball at our club since Joel Bowden and could be a very dangerous forward that wacks in hard and kicks 1 or 2 a game plus works hard to lock it in when it goes to ground. Have always loved Batch and glad he's got his shot but he ain't gonna get a shot in the backline over Rance , Chappy , Grimes and Astbury so we better get trading or creative in the off season or he is going to spend another 2 years rotting in the VFL playing fullback at 190 cm's .

Interesting. Couldn't agree more.

Disturbing.

PhysicalGraffiti

Senior List
Jun 25, 2011
The Beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GreenEdge Cycling
Batch has steadily improved and if he keeps on improving, no reason why he can't be a regular in the future. Needs to eliminate the odd shocker kick but is a safe mark down back.

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond
I think that since his return, he has been fantastic. Can play tall allowing Grimes to play small. He is smart and has a very good left boot on him. Reminds me of a younger Newman and a bit of Bowden. He has worked really well with Rance, Chaplin and Grimes. I think Astbury was our only "shining light" in the first 6 rounds, but Batch has done really well. Given he is an attacking / rebounding backman that can kick goals, the backline will be seriously good when Astbury returns. The only downside is Dea is the player that is left out.

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond

Is this a troll? He could easily take Newy's spot as he plays small as well. Or Grimes can play the small and he can take Grimes usual spot. Also, just because you have starting players do you trade everybody out or do you ensure depth by keeping them? I know what I'd do.....

Back