Player Watch #11: Jake Batchelor - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Has become a depth player now, insurance really. I don't think he'll ever force his way back into the team other than through necessity. Has been fantastic at VFL level not only in his role but also helping players like Gaithwaite develop. I hope he stays next year
He needs to stay IMO.
He can backup all 6 spots in the back half.

He needs to stay IMO.
He can backup all 6 spots in the back half.
Don't agree. Time is up. Can't play small, can't play tall, can play Vlaustin's spot only, but so can Markov, Short, Menadue, C.Ellis, not as well as Batchelor maybe but he would be holding them back. Plus, hasn't played in 2 seasons almost. Time is up surely. More kids please.

Same boat as Miles and Lloyd, the club would openly let him be traded for greater opportunity elsewhere. If no takers, then hold onto him for another season.

Credit where it is due... Has become the general in the backline in the 2's ....hope he stays....
so hes the general of the magoo back line. But hes not good enough to play seniors. He is not even decent backup for the seniors.
Logical conclusion is give him a decent vfl contract and free up a spot for a genuine kpd on the list who can be developed or a mature type who can come in and perform a kpd role to a decent standard and not be too slow too short or undersized.

so hes the general of the magoo back line. But hes not good enough to play seniors. He is not even decent backup for the seniors.
Logical conclusion is give him a decent vfl contract and free up a spot for a genuine kpd on the list who can be developed or a mature type who can come in and perform a kpd role to a decent standard and not be too slow too short or undersized.

Yep like I said hope he stays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth keeping bachelor while we are still challenging as insurance on our potential injury prone backline (grimes and astbury). Has been playing very well in the VFL.

Seriously though, what does the forever injured Drummond bring to the table other than potential? Even when he his not injured we have plenty of his type?

gave his all but wasn't going to get another crack. had limitations that he couldnt improve. in saying that, he was someone who gave his all and - well reminds me of a will thursfield. was good in poor teams, but unable to last when better players came along.

Good luck batch - you gave your all to the club

Would have thought he was worth another year...
We were blessed with no injuries to backline talls this year, that may not continue.
Apart from Rance, Astburry and Grimes, we have Garthwaite - no games so far so very green
Broad - will he miss some time???
Chol - greeny green still

Batch is a reliable ready made fill in.

& I do remember round 23 2014 v Swans when apart from Rance, Batch was a rock in defence...

A shame, he was part of a strong backline from 13-15 and I never knew why he was dropped in 16, I thought he was still good depth but another victim of our new quicker gamestyle I think.
Was playing some great football in the reserves, hopefully gets picked up by someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back