Player Watch #11: Jason Castagna - signed to 2023

Should Castagna be dropped for the Port game after his 2 disposal effort vs the Swans?

• Yes - for Cumberland

• Yes - for anyone

• No

• Make him Sub

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
You don't drop George. He's part of who we are.

But yes it's heartbreaking that we let go of Butler and are currently playing three ordinary small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeseRigs

Team Captain
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone else fist pump when George slotted that set shot from 45m straight through the posts. Only for the camera to zoom out to show it didn’t make the distance.

His attempted hanger in the defensive 50 to give away the free to Ellis is about the dumbest piece of play I’ve seen this year. My god he is frustrating.

Wavvey

All Australian
Apr 4, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
I am a massive Castagna defender and feel he is hugely underrated for what he does within our fanbase. Disregarding the last two weeks where he has been poor, his work around the ground has been sensational all season. He pushes up high and creates contests with his high pressure and we have even seen him come further back into defence and uses his elite agility to creatively move the ball forward. It's frustrating to see him miss every set shot he takes, but he is always in the right spot to get the opportunity to score.

That being said, I wouldn't mind him having a week off against Essendon to rest up and regain his form.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Never seen a guy so quick, so good at reading the play and getting his hands on the ball and creating so many opportunities, only to blow so many of those opportunities. Geez its frustrating. You love him on one hand and then pull your hair out with the other.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I would give him a week off and a scare but then bring him back for WC game

Back