Player Watch #11: Jason Castagna - signed to 2023

Should Castagna be dropped for the Port game after his 2 disposal effort vs the Swans?

• Yes - for Cumberland

• Yes - for anyone

• No

• Make him Sub

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
no doubt he is well down across the last 3 games but before that he was doing better statistically than he has in previous years, accounting for 15-25% or so less game time.

would want to pick it up though in the next game or two or he might make way for higgins. the thing that i think buys him some time compared to rioli is that with him its never work rate, just form, and he has proven that he can get up the ground and impact in the backline when needed. rioli has twice the talent but half the workrate at the moment, which you probably think the coaches look on more harshly than poor form.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
very good for first 30 mins then disappeared rest of game

WTF YOU DOING CHAOS KING

maybe kmac has sapped his power

TimmytheTiger

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Jason Castagna is a time traveller....

George.jpg

In startling news, it appears that Jason "Chaos King" Castagna has in fact returned to the MCG, from whence he came in the mid 1990's

Jason Castagna is a time traveller.png

Hiding in plain sight complete with resplendent with blonde tips, footage has been found still at the tender young age of 24, at the round 15 clash against the Bombers.

Good to see that his love of the club has never waned. From here, researchers are now scouring the archives, believing that he may have also been involved in the Windy Hill brawl in '74.

:drunk:

daird

All Australian
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
does anyone have a rough idea of much time he spent mid last night? saw glimpses of him there, looked okay-ish.

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
******* useless. Been carrying him his whole career. I haven’t seen a worse player in the competition than him. Would dead set rather Billy Hartung.
What a ridiculous comment. 26, 26 and 27 goals in his past 3 seasons along with 3 tackles a game. Was a massive part of our 2017 resurgence with the 3 smalls forward pressure.

He was 33 in the comp for total goals last year and kicked as many or more than Greene, Heeney, Gunston, Gray, Zorko.

Hes having a poor season, but he hes deserved his spot in the past 3 years.

Tiger22

Tiger68
Aug 28, 2020
Punt Rd
AFL Club
Richmond
I love the guy. I've seen him take on 3 defenders by himself - win the ball and handball it out to advantage. He can take a mark, he's fast, really fast. He can run and kick. He can kick to advantage. He pounces on anything loose. He runs down defenders with the ball...if a defender is scared enough to run out bounce, he is going to run out of bounce with him. He is great - even in the wet.

I am just so not confident when he kicks for goal.

The amount of time he misses goals is amazing. He kicked 5 points in the Grand Final - he could have won the Norm Smith otherwise. It's become so bad that when he takes a mark inside the 50, I pray that Martin, Shorty, Vlastuin even McIntosh will run pass so he can handball.

Is there not anybody at Tigerland that is helping him with kicking for goal?

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
You can't have AA's in every spot, I get that. You've got to have a few honest battlers making up the numbers in order to fit under the salary cap, obviously.
But for *s sake there has to be someone, anyone else that can come in and play a forward pocket role in place of George. Forget Butler, a spud like Townsend would be contributing more currently.
Dimma is backing him and that's great but on his current balance he'll need to win a Norm Smith to have repaid that blind faith.

Back