Player Watch #11: Jason Castagna - signed to 2023

Should Castagna be dropped for the Port game after his 2 disposal effort vs the Swans?

• Yes - for Cumberland

• Yes - for anyone

• No

• Make him Sub

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding last games Aarts goald. #11 mark and break away speed is exactly why he is a good player. He took on 2 opposition players and on the dead run boots it into our 50. He is very creative with the ball and very fast.

If only he could kick goals he would be complete.

Regarding last games Aarts goald. #11 mark and break away speed is exactly why he is a good player. He took on 2 opposition players and on the dead run boots it into our 50. He is very creative with the ball and very fast.

If only he could kick goals he would be complete.
One accurate kick and we forget a season of absolute tripe? Most small forwards could make that kick blind folded. Liam Ryan does about six of them a game.

This guy is so s**t and held to such low standards, that hitting a moving target during a game actually impresses people.

God he sucks.

"Do the Tigers need another goal? Not sure but they'll want it to take some tension out of the game.
Bolton got it from Castagna, they run hard. Ross, Castagna - Castagna from 40 metres ... ooooh, there's a nail."

B.McAvaney commentary on the sealer kicked late in the game by J.Castagna.
2020 Rd 17 Richmond v Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know if I'm overreacting, but all reports were this guy had a great preseason. He looks quick, fit, strong and a little more composed than previous years.

I reckon he could really improve and be a 30+ goal forward in 2021.
Especially when oppo defences will be concentrating on Lunch, JR8, Martin, Bolton etc

I dont know if I'm overreacting, but all reports were this guy had a great preseason. He looks quick, fit, strong and a little more composed than previous years.

I reckon he could really improve and be a 30+ goal forward in 2021.
Kicked one good set shot in the highlights. 2 great other goals. His Achilles heel is set shot kicking. That's Emma Murray department.
Dan Rioli is a lovely kick. Just doesn't do enough of it.

Kicked one good set shot in the highlights. 2 great other goals. His Achilles heel is set shot kicking. That's Emma Murray department.
Dan Rioli is a lovely kick. Just doesn't do enough of it.
Castagna is a lot better than Rioli imo. Not as good a kick, but far better in most other areas. Castagna has a hard edge for a little guy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

At one point, it'll all come together for 12 glorious months for Chaos Boss. Accurate kicking, goal sense, clean hands. He'll somehow end up in the All-Aus squad with 40-odd goals, and we'll all be in various states of breathless hilarity. It will be wonderful.

But then, after a short yet blissful time, Chaos Boss will instantly revert to Chaos Boss. And all we will have left will be memories.

Seriously, i'm riding for peak George. He looks a lot more confident in 2021.

He has the perfect amount of the old Richmond in him. Whenever he goes near the ball the heart rate quickens, the next 10 seconds could be anything. Is he going to pick it up cleanly and run around 5 of them or fumble it? If he does get it will he find someone to kick it to? Or will he spray it out on the full? Glorious. Wouldn't trade him for 3 first rounders.

Ive come To love George , and I oft think of my old tiger supporting customer, a Greek servo owner a doppelgänger for a craggy faced Robert Di Niro ,,, I says to him, the opposition just dunno what George is gonna do next ,,,,with a long draw of his smoke, he replies ,,,,,,George never knows what he’s gonna do next 😆

Geez I love this bloke. Anyone watching "Ultimate Tag" on Channel 7, George would own that show I reckon.

I’m telling ya if George improves his disposal and goal accuracy by 10-20% he will be best small forward in league

No one can go with his neck breaking chaotic speed and agility.. good above his head too

Back