Delisted 11. Josh Jenkins (2020 - 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

People worrying about Freddie's Development should not as he was a better backman than forward in the VFL...he only showed flashes forward so if we got a injury he could play back or forward..he was good running in a straight line in the backline
I see him as similar to sav. Has the attributes where afl will suit his game more than vfl.

Moves to the Cats for free trade wise. = win
Half price salary = win
Reliable proven goal kicker = win
Forces opponents to pay extra tall = win
Provides more options in our forward structure = win
Increases potential for a flag before stars retire = win
Back-up if Hawkins has another brain fade = win
Age 30 and bigger eventual rebuild required = loss

Replaces Buzza on the list. That’s got to be a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does he have any mongrel? He looks seriously big. Like I’ve met Paddy and he’s big and Jenkins is bigger. He looks like he might. We need that. A bit of mongrel that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After watching the vid of all his 2018 goals, I think we can confidently say he is now our best KPF after Hawkins (for next year or two at least) and is about as accurate and long a kick as Hawk.
Could really add something in terms of threat and foil for TH. We do need to be careful to preserve pressure in the forward half though.

Was against this move, but coming around fast. Get him into some hoops and I’m sold.

People worrying about Freddie's Development should not as he was a better backman than forward in the VFL...he only showed flashes forward so if we got a injury he could play back or forward..he was good running in a straight line in the backline
Kreuger has to force his way in. If he can't get past Rohan and Jenkins (and Harry and Henderson for that matter) it will indicate he is not ready or not good enough.

I agree he is versatile and can play either end. All he has to do is rack up scalps or goals in the VFL. He has looked great in patches but now he needs consistency.
2020 will be his third senior season. The ball is squarely in his park.
Jenkins won't stifle him if he is good enough. JJ provides depth.

Steven CHF he's 180CM.
With all due respect, this isn't 1975.
If a CHF starts at CHF he'll be at CHB by the time he gets the ball.

In my team I have all of Hawkins, Jenkins, Rohan starting on the first line.
One or two would lead out. One stays deep.

And having said that, when you see forwards reset how often do you see two near the goal square at the same time?

My reasons for putting Steven at CHF are this.
Steven himself said he's a forward. And I want narkle to add X factor in the guts.

Kreuger has to force his way in. If he can't get past Rohan and Jenkins (and Harry and Henderson for that matter) it will indicate he is not ready or not good enough.

I agree he is versatile and can play either end. All he has to do is rack up scalps or goals in the VFL. He has looked great in patches but now he needs consistency.
You don't get gifted AFL games, you have to earn them.
I'm sure if he improves and impresses he'll get his chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krueger will be into his second year on the list. It's pure unadulterated garbage to even consider him "forcing" anything. If he gets a game or two then excellent. If not then he will continue to learn and be ready in his third year.

On the flip side Enright could also provide insight into the things that challenged him as a defender. Positioning, leading, forward pressure etc.
Fair points. But you could say the same about putting a forward as the defensive coach. He knows what challenged him but still didnt practise the art himself.

And what pick was he taken. Not top 10.

How many top 10’s fail every draft. Quite a few.

Ain’t you all sunshine and rainbows.
Here's a list of how many top 10 picks each club has taken since 2007. In parenthesis is how many flags they've won.

GWS: 19 (0)
Gold Coast: 16 (0)
Demons: 10 (0)
Brisbane: 9 (0)
Essendon: 8 (0)
Carlton: 8 (0)
Bulldogs: 6 (1)
St Kilda: 6 (0)
Freo: 6 (0)
Port: 6 (0)
Collingwood: 5 (1)
North: 5 (0)
Richmond: 5 (2)
West Coast: 4 (1)
Sydney: 3 (1)
Adelaide: 3 (0)
Geelong: 1 (3)

Last edited:
Here's a list of how many top 10 picks each club has taken since 2007. In parenthesis is how many flags they've won.

GWS: 19 (0)
Gold Coast: 16 (0)
Demons: 10 (0)
Brisbane: 9 (0)
Essendon: 8 (0)
Carlton: 8 (0)
Bulldogs: 6 (1)
St Kilda: 6 (0)
Freo: 6 (0)
Port: 5 (0)
Collingwood: 5 (1)
North: 5 (0)
Richmond: 5 (2)
West Coast: 4 (1)
Sydney: 3 (1)
Adelaide: 3 (0)
Geelong: 1 (3)
Port: 1 (0)

A couple of things & not to be a pain, but how many of those top 10 picks actually played in a premiership though?

As you noted, Collingwood has 5 top 10 picks since 2007 but they were all taken since 2013 - so none of their top 10 picks actually played in their 2010 premiership (Sidebottom was pick 11 and highest pick since 2007 but before 2010 premiership)

And, you have Port listed twice but no Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back