Delisted 11. Josh Jenkins (2020 - 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

So Danger got his man.

I know we all want to believe in the integrity of the process being above jobs for mates, but it is just a little odd that Wells & Co declared they had no interest in Jenkins, but 're-considered their position' and then recruited him after Danger intervened.

What did Danger point out as being missed in the initial assessment by Wells & Co? It must've been something of note. How then was it missed?

Or was it that they conceded Danger had highlighted a valid reason, and team weakness, with his sly dig about 'still needing to kick goals'?

Whatever it was, it seems to suggest that key players DO have an influence over the club's machinations from time to time.

Anyhow, welcome aboard Josh.

Influences is a fair description... input into the data file type stuff ..but the choice is still the RM's.

The way I look at it .. if we were recruiting a player from a club and we had an ex team mate on the list ... we would source info? He may say positive or negative things.. and with big name recruits its quite often that the leading players group are asked about bringing in player X. And if a player knows of a name ..a guy who would be worth a look ... how many top players have we had like that ..Egan and Blitz are two off the top of my head. Id expect Danger put in a good word and then what the club does about it is down to the RM. If it was going to cost too much or there was not spot or if he couldn't play ...I doubt it would get far..Would a recomendation from Danger carry more weight than a recomendation from Tarca... for sure.

Its now up to JoJe .. one look at his full range of higlights and one can see the joe the goose thing is way over blown ..he can kick goals from contested marks , from marks on leads ..and spilled balls. If he was an ordinary player ..AFC must be an almighty poor judge of a player..giving a 600 play contract 2 or 3 years ago.

We are both topping up and building for the future. Almost impossible to simultaneously do but this week wells pulled it off.

Our best trade week ever.
It's not our best trade week ever.

Well....actually.... I should go look up previous trades.

But, we lost Kelly. And yes we got picks. But we lost Kelly.
I like both the Steven and Jenkins trade IF, steven finds form. IF Sav rucks well and Jenkins plays forward.

How could we have done better?
Not being stuck holding picks we wont use.

But Wells does have time to manipulate those. He has hand.
I do also like that we have stuff in the bank for 2020 draft wise.

Personally I wouldn't mind 17 being transferred to 2020 if he can do it, and up grade 36 to 26 ish'.

It's not our best trade week ever.

Well....actually.... I should go look up previous trades.

But, we lost Kelly. And yes we got picks. But we lost Kelly.
I like both the Steven and Jenkins trade IF, steven finds form. IF Sav rucks well and Jenkins plays forward.

How could we have done better?
Not been stuck holding picks we wont use.

But Wells does have time to manipulate those. He has hand.
I do also like that we have stuff in the bank for 2020 draft wise.
Losing kelly was a given before trade week began. We extracted maximum value from that trade given he was gone.

We are stuck with only one pick we wont use at most. Pick 36. And he does have time to rectify this.

Losing kelly was a given before trade week began. We extracted maximum value from that trade given he was gone.

We are stuck with only one pick we wont use at most. Pick 36. And he does have time to rectify this.
I'm not saying he's done poorly. No way.
But the Ottens week was his best.

And thats even including the fact they wanted tenace and not Moloney. And we didnt give it.

Where did i say anything about jenkins playing vfl?
Fair enough. So you think we will play 4 key position defenders and 3 key position forwards and two ruckman all in the one team? Im not necessarily against it. I think a lot of posters would be though.

Ps. There have been older geelong players kept for an extra season only to end up playing as a backup for injuries.

C.Mooney, mcgrath, mench, stokes come to mind. We tried to get chapman to do exactly that but he walked in response.

Fair enough. So you think we will play 4 key position defenders and 3 key position forwards and two ruckman all in the one team? Im not necessarily against it. I think a lot of posters would be though.
My team.
You'll love this.

2 KPF
3 KPD

B: O'Connor - Blicavs - Kolo
HB: Stewart - Taylor - Henry
C: Duncan - Selwood - Clark
HF: Miers - Steven - Dahlhaus
F: Jenkins - Hawkins - Rohan
R: Ratugolea - Dangerfield - Narkle

I: (From) Guthrie - Tuohy - Parfitt - Fogarty - Ablett - Cockatoo - Stanley

Left out, Menegola, Atkins, constable, Bews

Would consider dropping Taylor and pushing Clark or Cockatoo back.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

Ps. There have been older geelong players kept for an extra season only to end up playing as a backup for injuries.

C.Mooney, mcgrath, mench, stokes come to mind. We tried to get chapman to do exactly that but he walked in response.
Probably not play them all. But i doubt harry gets dropped to the vfl. If they thought he could play vfl next year, why would they have bothered giving him another contract? They would have just said thanks for your service.

And who is the 4th kpd? I see only kolo, harry and blitz?

Dunno what they will do with jenkins, but they won’t drop sav to play him. Probably play both.

Stanley sole ruck with jj and sav helping out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team.
You'll love this.

2 KPF
3 KPD

B: O'Connor - Blicavs - Kolo
HB: Stewart - Taylor - Henry
C: Duncan - Selwood - Clark
HF: Miers - Steven - Dahlhaus
F: Jenkins - Hawkins - Rohan
R: Ratugolea - Dangerfield - Narkle

I: (From) Guthrie - Tuohy - Parfitt - Fogarty - Ablett - Cockatoo - Stanley

Left out, Menegola, Atkins, constable, Bews

Would consider dropping Taylor and pushing Clark or Cockatoo back.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
Steven CHF he's 180CM.

You should have had a bet on which one will do their 4th acl first.
That's the thing, I said that Patton won't even get on the park as his knees are shot. His response, "We've got the best docs in the league. Look at Burgoyne, O'Meara, everyone said they were done. We'll get Patton right and we'll be top 4 next year. Good luck with that spud JJ."

So, I said "there's a carton of piss for whoever's spud KPF kicks the most goals." My mate agreed and said, "When fit, Patton is elite and runs rings around JJ." Hmmm, when fit he said... I wish I'd done a screen shot of the convo as it was on Snapchat. I know he's good for it and will pay up, though! :think:

No doubt someone will want this for points. Swap it for a future 2nd and we're done with it

Probably not play them all. But i doubt harry gets dropped to the vfl. If they thought he could play vfl next year, why would they have bothered giving him another contract? They would have just said thanks for your service.

And who is the 4th kpd? I see only kolo, harry and blitz?

Dunno what they will do with jenkins, but they won’t drop sav to play him. Probably play both.

Stanley sole ruck with jj and sav helping out?
As mentioned in the previous post. Its happened heaps of times before. Older players always get new contracts each year as thry are usually only ever on one year contracts.

If all JJ gives us is a couple of cheap goals out of the square against the hawks Easter Monday to piss off their supporters, we've got our monies worth.

They're the worst goals to concede, and the most enjoyable goals to kick.

Will be interesting how the coaches work out the Hawkins, Jenkins, Sav set up.

Wouldn't surprise if Jenkins plays close to goal, while Hawkins roams a bit up the ground as he has a reasonable tank and kicking to position is very good. Dare I say it on a wing? :D

Sav? Hover around the 30 to 50 out from goal to bring the ball to the ground for the smalls?

If all JJ gives us is a couple of cheap goals out of the square against the hawks Easter Monday to piss off their supporters, we've got our monies worth.

They're the worst goals to concede, and the most enjoyable goals to kick.

At least if teams want to double and triple team Hawk you know Jenkins is going to be in a dangerous position. Teams will have to respect him or leak cheap goals.

Will be interesting how the coaches work out the Hawkins, Jenkins, Sav set up.

Wouldn't surprise if Jenkins plays close to goal, while Hawkins roams a bit up the ground as he has a reasonable tank and kicking to position is very good. Dare I say it on a wing? :D

Sav? Hover around the 30 to 50 out from goal to bring the ball to the ground for the smalls?
You'd think they'll all alternate out of the goal square. Jenkins does get up the ground quite a bit.

8 picks inside 40 in the next two drafts. Also can't say we're topping up, and some people will say just that.
Well that's exactly what we're doing bringing in multiple 30-year-old players. What other reason would there be for the club to do that? None of the draft picks accrued are quality, either. Don't know why there's talk of Geelong 'finally' getting good draft picks. Geelong has had plenty of picks in the 10-40 range the last several years, and that's all it has now. Premium picks in the top 10 still elude the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back