Delisted 11. Josh Jenkins (2020 - 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting how the coaches work out the Hawkins, Jenkins, Sav set up.

Wouldn't surprise if Jenkins plays close to goal, while Hawkins roams a bit up the ground as he has a reasonable tank and kicking to position is very good. Dare I say it on a wing? :D

Sav? Hover around the 30 to 50 out from goal to bring the ball to the ground for the smalls?
Wouldn't surprise me if Sav doesn't get played, becomes disgruntled and leaves.

Well that's exactly what we're doing bringing in multiple 30-year-old players. What other reason would there be for the club to do that? None of the draft picks accrued are quality, either. Don't know why there's talk of Geelong 'finally' getting good draft picks. Geelong has had plenty of picks in the 10-40 range the last several years, and that's all it has now. Premium picks in the top 10 still elude the club.

Outside of trading for those pics (which is always situational, therefore unpredictable) won't we have to finish bottom 4 for that to happen?

Outside of trading for those pics (which is always situational, therefore unpredictable) won't we have to finish bottom 4 for that to happen?
Yeah, like if you have a gun mid who just finished 2nd in your B&F two years in a row, had an AA spot, lead a number of awards, finished high in the Brownlow, etc. wanting out. You maximize the value by getting a top 10 pick, not the same kinds of picks Wells has had and blown over the last several years.

And no, you don't have to finish bottom 4 to get a pick in the top 10...

Yeah, like if you have a gun mid who just finished 2nd in your B&F two years in a row, had an AA spot, lead a number of awards, finished high in the Brownlow, etc. wanting out. You maximize the value by getting a top 10 pick, not the same kinds of picks Wells has had and blown over the last several years.

And no, you don't have to finish bottom 4 to get a pick in the top 10...
And what pick was he taken. Not top 10.

How many top 10’s fail every draft. Quite a few.

Ain’t you all sunshine and rainbows.

Well that's exactly what we're doing bringing in multiple 30-year-old players. What other reason would there be for the club to do that? None of the draft picks accrued are quality, either. Don't know why there's talk of Geelong 'finally' getting good draft picks. Geelong has had plenty of picks in the 10-40 range the last several years, and that's all it has now. Premium picks in the top 10 still elude the club.
Utter pigshit.
We have 8 picks inside 40 in the next two drafts. That’s a quality hand

True but it illustrates his main problem.

He can play but is wildly inconsistent.
Based on a two or ten game comparison - most players, including Rance are 'wildly' inconsistent. I mean, in 2018, Harry Taylor beat Rance comfortably one game, and then was beaten by him the next game and Harry isn't even a forward...

Jenkins' average marks and goals per game over his career demonstrate that he is not inconsistent.

Why would you sign jenkins for two years if he was only going to play vfl?

I would say one of your dumber posts but i have no recollection of you as a poster. So i have no idea if its dumb for you or not.

So you dont have to play hendo or taylor fwd if hawkins is out.

He was/is polarizing because he's not afraid to call it as he see's it. I generally sat on the fence over his personality but watching him here in ADL, definitely was good support for Tex and the fwd line, his stats prove that. What has hurt him (he wasn't alone) was his finals performance's, especially that '17 gf. Can Hawk carry the fwd line w him and Sav alone ? Will Hawk, Sav & JJ be able to work ? Where does that leave Kruger's development now with Steven being a new addition ?

Because those premium top 10 picks have really helped teams like GC, Blues and Demons have sustained success...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team.
You'll love this.

2 KPF
3 KPD

B: O'Connor - Blicavs - Kolo
HB: Stewart - Taylor - Henry
C: Duncan - Selwood - Clark
HF: Miers - Steven - Dahlhaus
F: Jenkins - Hawkins - Rohan
R: Ratugolea - Dangerfield - Narkle

I: (From) Guthrie - Tuohy - Parfitt - Fogarty - Ablett - Cockatoo - Stanley

Left out, Menegola, Atkins, constable, Bews

Would consider dropping Taylor and pushing Clark or Cockatoo back.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
Likes for not putting atkins in even the extended interchange. And narkle in the midfield.

People worrying about Freddie's Development should not as he was a better backman than forward in the VFL...he only showed flashes forward so if we got a injury he could play back or forward..he was good running in a straight line in the backline

So how will a three pronged attack work when the ball hits the deck?
Not going to have much luck with slow-ish tall blokes and Ablett trying to lock the ball in.

Well Atkins, Dahl, Miers. What’s changed? Depends who comes out. And he can ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back