News 11 June 2020 - Restarting the 2020 AFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news! I'm hopeful that the allowance for crowds will gradually increase and so that there will be no restrictions before too long. So next question is what happens with members that have already gone the tax deduction/partial pledge route? I think there may be some adjustments if season ticket holders can still access 8 of the 11 games.

It's illegal to resell a seat so this will be interesting
They need to be smart about how they allocate the tickets. Instead of a blanket lottery of all members, members should be asked to nominate an expression of interest of who want tickets and how many members want to go as a “group” then give tickets out of that basis. Some members may not even want to go.

If only 1 member out of a group of people that usually go they may then not go.

Just realised crows had zero in round one so probably should be a 50/50 attended showdown considering there's only one this year.

Counterpoint: Fu** em

According to the ABC report...

Port Adelaide Football Club chief executive Keith Thomas said 1,475 would be allocated to his club's members, 475 to Adelaide Crows members and the remaining 50 to Adelaide Oval members.

"We will allocate the 1,475 tickets amongst our membership base via a ballot system," he said.

About 500 people will be allowed at SANFL matches when the season resumes.

2,000 in a stadium that holds 50,000 is more of the '10 diners in a pub stuff' that Marshall inflicted upon us a month ago. We can have 6,000 at a rally where there are no social distancing controls but only 2,000 at an event at which it is possible to social distance people 1.5 metres apart.

This is no more than a PR exercise from Marshall and I think we have been short changed.

Last edited:
I still reckon 1 entry per year of AFL membership for all current seat based memberships.

- must be a PAFC gameday member (I'm an $85 member this year so I don't qualify)
- over 18
- draw 5 people per bay
- successful entries bring themselves +1 (over 18)
- free or discounted carparking (they can't expect people to take public transport and there will be no footy express)

WTF is this s**t about Crows fans getting tickets.. why? We've just all paid a s**t load of cash and kept it with the club and now when there's a chance some members might actually get to see the team live this year, 475 seats are going to fans that have no seating entitlement infront of those who have paid it. What sort of shortsighted bullshit is this.

2000 when they just had a rally for 5k or more in a smaller space, they just continue to s**t on people who follow the rules.

According to the ABC report...

Port Adelaide Football Club chief executive Keith Thomas said 1,475 would be allocated to his club's members, 475 to Adelaide Crows members and the remaining 50 to Adelaide Oval members.

"We will allocate the 1,475 tickets amongst our membership base via a ballot system," he said.

About 500 people will be allowed at SANFL matches when the season resumes.

2,000 in a stadium that holds 50,000 is more of the '10 diners in a pub stuff' that Marshall inflicted upon us a month ago. We can have 6,000 at a rally where there are no social distancing controls but only 2,000 at an event at which it is possible to social distance people 1.5 metres apart.

This is no more than a PR exercise from Marshall and I think we have been short changed.

Yeah trying to save it all after the terrible decision last weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't have a problem with him wanting to return to WA for family reasons. When he told Geelong not to deal with Freo a year earlier though, that said his family wasn't THAT important.

Believe me, that's not the only thing Tim Kelly does that indicates family isn't that important to him ...

Not sure what the complaints are about. Just have to look around the country to see that we're doing well to have 2000 in the stadium.

Give it 2 weeks from the protest and then everything will be open again when the medicos see there's no underlying community transmission.

Just realised crows had zero in round one so probably should be a 50/50 attended showdown considering there's only one this year.

As unsavoury as this is, I wouldn't have minded it if it meant this game didn't count as a Home game for fixturing purposes. Since each club plays 17 games this year there will be an uneven number of home and away games. So we either gamble on getting lucky with 9 home games and 8 away, or we negotiate to ensure we have 8 home, 8 away, + a neutral showdown.

My biggest problem with this restart is where the young guys can play. Without the seconds players like cox, mead etc cant show case what they can do.
And with a smaller list looking inevitable, a bunch of players will be cast aside without a real shot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back