Autopsy 11 Losses in a row - Booooooo - Rd 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

salim malik

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 14, 2008
Paradise on Earth.
AFL Club
Fremantle
To compare Logue to English we would first need to play Logue in another position behind at least two primary focuses of the opposition, since Tim is really an average ruckman and will be until he is stronger but adds his value to the side in being a tertiary target up forward.

So lets play Logue in the midfield. Mundy started on the bench? Let's run our stoppage teams like this:

Team A: Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Logue
Team B: Lobb, Fyfe, Mundy, Tucker

With the last of each being the accountable player.
I,'ve been all for Logue to the midfield since he arrived at the club.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I think having top-level KPPs gives greater leverage in big games. For years we had the wood in the Derbies along with Pav and McPharlin in their pomp, the shoe is on the other foot since late 2015.
We dominated over Worsfold. We struggled soon after Simpson got there and implemented a Hawthorn like style.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Even at pick 8, Logue was ab underwhelming pick. No one knew what’s his best position. He needs a full season to judge. Atm he can’t get his body right, hopefully now will string games together.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue isn't slow and his skills are fine.
You've got a downer on the whole club at the minute.
Fair enough I,'ve been there plenty of times over the years
just the guys who were MIA on the weekend or have stunk it up the majority of the year, ie: lobb, logue and crowden

arsesmart

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
We dominated over Worsfold. We struggled soon after Simpson got there and implemented a Hawthorn like style.
We've not had a positive ledger in any year from 2016 onwards. First two years of Simpson Freo had a 3-1 advantage. So it's probably not as simple as game plan.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
We've not had a positive ledger in any year from 2016 onwards. First two years of Simpson Freo had a 3-1 advantage. So it's probably not as simple as game plan.
They were a shambles when he took over
I actually felt sorry for them (never again). It took him time. But once he imbedded the new game plan into them, that was the end of us.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Logue isn't slow and his skills are fine.
You've got a downer on the whole club at the minute.
Fair enough I,'ve been there plenty of times over the years
Logue is too one sided to play at full back and he had absolutely no idea how to play on Kennedy, didnt stand in front of him to block a lead. He needs to play further up the field.

salim malik

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 14, 2008
Paradise on Earth.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue is too one sided to play at full back and he had absolutely no idea how to play on Kennedy, didnt stand in front of him to block a lead. He needs to play further up the field.
I agree that Logue is not a full back but he has played on Kennedy and towelled him up.
The backs had no chop out at all from The mids. The ball that came in gave the backs little chance. The mids are the ones that should be copping the flak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring back Drum

Mini Bus
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree that Logue is not a full back but he has played on Kennedy and towelled him up.
The backs had no chop out at all from The mids. The ball that came in gave the backs little chance. The mids are the ones that should be copping the flak.
To be fair, reading through the various threads, I think everyone’s copped a whack.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
They were a shambles when he took over
I actually felt sorry for them (never again). It took him time. But once he imbedded the new game plan into them, that was the end of us.
Know the last win against them was in 2015, where we kicked the first 11 goals and were up by 72 points at one stage.. the next derby completely hoodwinked, and never looked like beating them for years.

WaywardSonSon

Club Legend
Suspended
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Dog of a game, one of the worst.

A game where you see the disconnect of supporters and players, with the disparity of how much it means to either party.

Three examples of this,

- Kelly, the player we offered (potentially) more money to play for us, but didn't want to, was allowed contact free stoppages and collected 42 disposals.
- Gaff, the player who caved in the mouth of a teenager, the prized jewel in our 'rebuild', was allowed to run around unchecked and collect 35 disposals.
- Kennedy, laid a heavy (fair) bump on a completely vulnerable 19 year old playing his sixth AFL game, who was playing through a dislocated shoulder... and then Kennedy just jogged back to position, smiling and joking with his team mates at three quarter time.

I see this as a supporter, having an adult meltdown on the couch that is so stark to my normal behaviour that even my dog notices. Brennan Cox jogs back to position to stand on his man and then I'm reminded that it's just a job for them.

Nothing is lonelier than knowing that, the least they could do is pretend it's not.
Yes indeed - these players lack a general ferocity for the competition at hand! If Kennedy had deliberately targeted my injured, nineteen year-old team-mate, and I too was playing in defence, I would have proceeded to antagonise him for at least a thirty second period!

Vintage

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why we playing Tucker if that’s the way he’s managed? Blakely is fit, it seems the coach rank players and you’re off the injury list, in you go. Was against it without any WAFL game last week. He only played once for Peel seniors. Crowden does nothing on the field so what’s the point of 62% TOG. Baffling.
Sturt should be in and Blakely has to stop being maligned. Play him, give him a chance. No way should Tucker have played regardless of who coaches like about him.
You mean we should play the conner blakely who played 65% TOG in round 1? Instead of tucker at 70% first game back? Righto then.

we are fortunate enough to have ruck/forwards who can rotate and stay on field longer, allowing us to rotate the midfield more. WC use Vardy and NN at 57% and 63% TOG.

Remove this Banner Ad