Autopsy 11 Losses in a row - Booooooo - Rd 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

A day later I’m still sickened at that performance. Given the context of the game, the build up, the relative trajectory of both clubs - it probably ranks in the top 5 worst defeats of the last 10 or 15 years. And we have seen some shockers but believe me that was up there.
At half time I was reading people on here saying we’d win it and I seriously wondered what they were smoking as it was clear to me that we were being bullied, physically and mentally, pretty much from the moment David Mundy kicked the goal to put us 12-0 up. We’d literally kicked every chance we got yet they still put 70 points on us in one half of football. There were many indications of disappointment during the game but watching a no-name Jamaine Jones wrenching the ball out of the arms of our two time Brownlow medalist early in the second quarter to set up a Eagles counter attack and goal summed up the difference between the sides.
Where was the passion? Desire? Intensity? Willingness to dig in and fight? All in blue and yellow jumpers. These are traits you take for granted in any professional sports team I thought?
We talk lots on this forum about the big issues facing the Fremantle football club.
-Not drafting a key forward.
-Poor connection when going I50.
-Retaining young talent.
-Tactics and structures.
-Top 10 picks, rookie picks, whatever (Jones for them was taken in the PSD for gods sake!)
-Our injury issues
-The west Australian media.

The bottom line is that yesterday’s shambles was about none of those things. It was about something far worse. A lack of heart. A team with no soul. We looked like really bad GWS or GC at times out there for Christ’s sake.
The team is too nice. They are all a bunch of delightful young fellows. Yesterday, west coast showed up ready for war. We were like lambs to the slaughter. The last time this team was in a mindset like a serious team was the 2015 prelim final against Hawthorn. Yeah we lost but we went down fighting to a generational side that day. In 5 years since we have barely thrown a punch to become just about the most irrelevant side in the AFL.
Yesterday was just so demoralising. The Eagles must actually feels sorry for us now we are that mentally weak and brittle against them.
Just imagine for a second the Gaff incident in 2018 had been reversed. That one of our boys had broken the jaw of young Oscar Allen instead. Would they have let the culprit from our team jog around gathering 30 touches a game in the following 6 derbies without laying a finger on him? You must be joking.
I’d love to see some passion at training on Tuesday. A few lads fighting with each other. Showing us they care at least. Next weekend against Brisbane is now a defining moment for this team. Either stand up and show some fight or else piss off the stage.
Spot on.

Have a feeling JLo is a big softy and wouldn't like us getting rough with the team his best mate coaches.

How little heart or passion that is shown by our team is beyond disheartening.

One word that describes our club: Irrelevant.

two things,

the first, the game of making that ‘ok’ gesture hidden or slightly out of sight and if your friend looks at it, you get to punch them.

the second, the most relevant and recent adoption of that hand signal is simply ‘white power’.
I know it is always easy to come up with excuses for casual racism but _in this very specific case_ I reckon it has more to do with that silly "OK" game than any subtle white power statement.

Simply because one of the players making the hand signal is indigenous.

two things,

the first, the game of making that ‘ok’ gesture hidden or slightly out of sight and if your friend looks at it, you get to punch them.

the second, the most relevant and recent adoption of that hand signal is simply ‘white power’.
found the history of the sign (takes a dark turn, which involves australia).

"starting in 2017, members of a discussion board called 4chan mounted one in a series of attempts to “troll” — or mock — liberals with a right-wing hoax, claiming that the OK sign was a symbol of white supremacy, according to Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League. The idea was that “the libs” would take up the cry that the OK symbol was racist and, in so doing, make themselves look ridiculous. "

"Some news outlets took the bait, and the claim was repeated on social media, Pitcavage said. Soon more right-wing trolls joined the campaign, which was anti-liberal but not necessarily white supremacist. Then some actual white supremacists took up the OK sign, apparently still largely as a way to make fun of liberals. And finally, some white supremacists started using the sign without apparent irony, most famously the New Zealand mosque shooter, a self-described racist who killed 51 Muslim worshipers March 15."

fair to say that its now earnt its racist connection. On a side note didn't the swastika originally mean peace. Well, before hitler tossed that meaning out the window faster than luke skywalker tosses his rediscovered lightsaber.

I personally didn't know about the okay sign becoming a racist sign before the weekend. The real question is how widespread is that knowledge and did the eagles players know about it.

found the history of the sign (takes a dark turn, which involves australia).

"starting in 2017, members of a discussion board called 4chan mounted one in a series of attempts to “troll” — or mock — liberals with a right-wing hoax, claiming that the OK sign was a symbol of white supremacy, according to Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League. The idea was that “the libs” would take up the cry that the OK symbol was racist and, in so doing, make themselves look ridiculous. "

"Some news outlets took the bait, and the claim was repeated on social media, Pitcavage said. Soon more right-wing trolls joined the campaign, which was anti-liberal but not necessarily white supremacist. Then some actual white supremacists took up the OK sign, apparently still largely as a way to make fun of liberals. And finally, some white supremacists started using the sign without apparent irony, most famously the New Zealand mosque shooter, a self-described racist who killed 51 Muslim worshipers March 15."

fair to say that its now earnt its racist connection. On a side note didn't the swastika originally mean peace. Well, before hitler tossed that meaning out the window faster than luke skywalker tosses his rediscovered lightsaber.

I personally didn't know about the okay sign becoming a racist sign before the weekend. The real question is how widespread is that knowledge and did the eagles players know about it.
I just put on the hard ball gets podcast and ryan daniels says the eagles players didn't know and its all a big mis-understanding

two things,

Yeah I thought that. It can’t seriously be a white power thing? Who are the 3 players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon you can pay the benefit of the doubt here given it'd be pretty strange for an indigenous boy to be overtly throwing up white power signs. Just a dumb game.

Ultimately though it's another sign of how little the club is respected as an opponent. Like McGovern and Barrass a few derbies ago.

Not that I think the players would care too much.

You could nail down about 5 moments in the game where we lost it
one of them was a poor handball from Crowden on the outer wing, which led to an Aish fumble which in turn put Conca under pressure to fumble, which he did, next minute WC goal
couple of missed handballs and kicks by Darcy and Chapman come to mind as well (don't get me wrong he was outstanding)
As a wise man once said "Its never as good or never as bad as it seems"
onwards and upwards, bring on the Lions
I'm gonna Add a 6th one there Westy .
Watching Sheed time and time again left loose in the middle of the ground with no one even close to him waiting for that inevitable rebound and then just jogging it into their forwards.
That was poor coaching and JLo needs to be chipped as much as the players do .
In saying that Let's not forget his game experience as a coach is equal to our rookies so needs to be considered in the same vein .

How do the coaches inject some passion and pride into our group? I think they should take the boys to do the Kokoda track to toughen them up a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has to be a line drawn in the sand by someone......It’s nots going to happen again......We will not lose to them again. It’s on the team.

I blame the phones .
Every one these days is so "connected "

Good news is There's another Derby this year!
If our players don't see that as an opportunity to redeem themselves then they can all GAGF

If it's another walk over then the supporters should draw the line in the sand and vote with their feet .
Maybe that'll get Garlicks boot planted firmly up JLo's ass

what does the hand gesture mean?
Each displaying his IQ.
True flogs, the lot of them, never change Wet Toast you low character, drug riddled arrogant scum.

Garlick will never do anything, he is nothing more than a front man, yes sayer to Peter Bell. The club has never ever needed diversity and strength of leadership more, and yet it has become the Peter Bell sole trader operation.

I blame the phones .
Every one these days is so "connected "

Good news is There's another Derby this year!
If our players don't see that as an opportunity to redeem themselves then they can all GAGF

If it's another walk over then the supporters should draw the line in the sand and vote with their feet .
Seems a little premature considering Ross Lyon lost the last 9. He inherited this list. He can't perform miracles and the players selected during his tenure are not ready yet.

Garlick will never do anything, he is nothing more than a front man, yes sayer to Peter Bell. The club has never ever needed diversity and strength of leadership more, and yet it has become the Peter Bell sole trader operation.
You can disagree with me until the cows come home it doesn't worry me. But you are sounding just a little extreme these days. In my opinion. Please feel free to disagree with that as well.

Seems a little premature considering Ross Lyon lost the last 9. He inherited this list. He can't perform miracles and the players selected during his tenure are not ready yet.
Fair call
I did state in another thread that we need to remember that JLo is as green as most of our list ; that can be forgiven to a point .
Hell hes still got 9 years to go till he reaches that 10 year tipping point that Buckley , Lyon , Scott etc got before people said enough is enough.

I guess I should have been clearer and referred more to the fire and the passion that was lacking yesterday. That needs to come from the coach .
JLo looks to be on all accounts the most genuine bloke you could ever want to meet , so I don't think he could be accused of not giving this club his all .
But he needs to find a way to channel his and their mongrel .

And if that means starving them of sleep while playing that second half to them over and over again with Flight of the Valkyries on at 100Db , then to the gym to punch a bag printed with Gaffs face till they can't lift their arms ........ and doing that till we meet again in July ......... then so be it !

Hughes should be embarrassed. Goes the bump instead of tackle and injures himself as the ball carrier waltzes off with the ball. Should be ashamed to show his head in public.

What a disgusting comment to make. A player has injured themselves and you’re saying they should be embarrassed.Perhaps rather than spending your time on here making ridiculous comments, take some time out to have a think about the mental health of players and their families and how that would be effected if they were read comments like this. Be better in the future.

What a disgusting comment to make. A player has injured themselves and you’re saying they should be embarrassed.Perhaps rather than spending your time on here making ridiculous comments, take some time out to have a think about the mental health of players and their families and how that would be effected if they were read comments like this. Be better in the future.
I read Nodgey as being tounge in cheek sarcastic.

You know, sarcasm. Like an orgasm, but funnier and at someone else's expense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back