Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahem.....number 15???

49789.jpg

Aside from the fact that I had 15 on my first jumper ...

Actually Blight -> Smith -> Winnie isn't a bad run but falls victim to the same curse as 10 ultimately.

Something in the Smith genes? :stern look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was thinking about Luke's well deserved presentation of the number 11.

I'm getting a vibe from this, something that is more than just marketing could ever create.

I feel not only should we make the 11 some more of the shinboner position, I feel like we need to.

Like we make our captains, our vice captains, I believe that there is a role, the custodian of our clubs unique identity, our soul if you like. I'm not sure what that role would become, or even if it was used much outside of the club, but if we are serious about our heritage, I think its entirely fitting that a role with responsibilities is formed.

It might be that its the shinboner that leads us into our club song, it might be that they take up the first years on a dinner with the captain/vice captain at the start of each year. It might be something more.

But lets make it something more than a photo shoot it I say, lets make it become something so that we never lose our shinboner spirit again.

What do you guys think, and what kinds of duties would that position hold?

Congrats to Luke what an honour for him to be given 11. A few posters actually tipped this or thought Luke was a good candidate for the 11 jumper.

Great move by Spud and North.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking about Luke's well deserved presentation of the number 11.

I'm getting a vibe from this, something that is more than just marketing could ever create.

I feel not only should we make the 11 some more of the shinboner position, I feel like we need to.

Like we make our captains, our vice captains, I believe that there is a role, the custodian of our clubs unique identity, our soul if you like. I'm not sure what that role would become, or even if it was used much outside of the club, but if we are serious about our heritage, I think its entirely fitting that a role with responsibilities is formed.

It might be that its the shinboner that leads us into our club song, it might be that they take up the first years on a dinner with the captain/vice captain at the start of each year. It might be something more.

But lets make it something more than a photo shoot it I say, lets make it become something so that we never lose our shinboner spirit again.

What do you guys think, and what kinds of duties would that position hold?
My first merging. Feeling one with the collective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back