Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he needs to go back to the VFL and dominate like he should.

He has never really done it, besides his first year with Weribee before he was on our list. He was bloody fantastic that year, including 2 brilliant finals performances. Played primarily off a wing that season too, which IMO is where he should spend more time.

A decent player but in real danger of stagnating. He looked hard, fast and skillful as a 17 year old against men in the VFL. Watch him on the weekend and he looks like completely different player.

Like him up the ground more. Beautiful goal and kicked a good pass inside 50 in the first half to (Garner?)

Like what he brings to the table playing on a wing where he can attack the game a bit more.

His pass to Simpkin(missed the set shot) was a throwback to his U18 days.

He's wasted in a back pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was not enamoured with his game last week, but LOVED his game today.

MUST play up the ground more, looked comfortable around the stoppages and cracked in very hard. Want to see him get more ball between center and the attacking 50.

How good was his set shot from 55m! Never looked like missing. He has got a cannon of a left foot.

Biggest praise I can shower on LMac is that today, he really cracked in like a true #11. I am sure Spud and Arch would have been proud watching him today.

Hope he kicks on again next week!

Who'd have thought he would improve when moved from the shackles of the back pocket
Personally I've been a bit skeptical about the myriad calls for him to play in the middle, especially with the 'meat grinder' and their pace. But I loved his aggression n the pack situations, tackling and handballing out.

Personally I've been a bit skeptical about the myriad calls for him to play in the middle, especially with the 'meat grinder' and their pace. But I loved his aggression n the pack situations, tackling and handballing out.
Has been a midfielder his whole footballing life , will always be a midfielder no matter how much our coaching staff want him to be a backline player . It's actually neglegent to be honest .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back