Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I sticking my head above the parapet here by suggesting he could be the next captain?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
need to play at this level for longer to get past Jy but can't be any concerns that he bleeds blue and white. What's impressed me most this season is just how much better a kick he's become. I think he grew up as a late teenager able to kick it 60, and that's all he did with it (I remember when he played for Werribee before he was drafted, he kicked one from the centre square at Princes Park). His kicking now is very educated

Am I sticking my head above the parapet here by suggesting he could be the next captain?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Possibly the only matured player really reinventing and imposing himself on the game during a pretty dark time for us. Has clearly lifted his effort on and off the field . Bleeds royal blue and white. Was a leader as a kid, however don't think he was ever in the leadership group here. Overall some pretty big ticks that he has some good qualities for a leader. At the end of the day though you don't need everyone to be a leader, and it's no slight on silver if he isn't.

Simpkin gunning really hard for it anyway, and tbh I think he has it in the bag to graduate to captaincy in 1 or 2 more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with simpkin dropping off lately, its between him and goldy for the Syd Barker, and lmac seems to be going from strength to strength, well done to him for turning around what was looking to be an average career

Excellent again. His kicking is ultra-reliable, he gets to the right spots, defends well, supports his teammates...

Completely transformed into a gun player. Next captain?

He's fit and leeeeeean too, so being a bit less under fatigue is probably giving him a helping hand as well. Not noticing him gulping in as many big breaths with his tongue hanging out as he used to, though hard to spot with that glorious beard.
Yep looks to be fitter than previous years.

I reckon the tagging role was an indication of his fitness improvement.

Lot of niggling injury problems especially with his feet and legs has meant that this is the first time in his career that he's actually been truly fit to AFL standard. Obviously impacts his kicking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back