Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players seem to gravitate towards Lmac more so than any other player - this is why he will likely make a good captain. Players will want to be led by him

I assume this was the case growing up also hence captain of trinity (to a premiership) and vic metro
Lmac front and centre again on que - off field skip

Last edited:
It’s the same catch up at the same pub & he’s off to the right & slightly back, not front & centre.
Different day mate back to back session with a slightly diff crew

Rallies the blokes on and off the field is my point - which you want to see

Different day mate back to back session with a slightly diff crew

Rallies the blokes on and off the field is my point - which you want to see
Stand corrected. I just seen the venue & Maj wearing a black tee & assumed it was another angle.

I do agree about Macca being one of those ‘everyone loves him’ type of guys at the club. Was well liked even before being ‘officially’ drafted...

D79246E7-0F04-44CD-A69B-55276903FA7D.gif

Looks a lot more favourable when he’s winning B&F’s too.

View attachment 1022367

Liam Anthony would be spewing he didn’t get an invite.

edit: I still reckon Mullet could have been more than he was.
The old Captain Baxter crew. This was our ratpack from 2014-2016

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROOS FREE AGENT PLEDGES FUTURE

North Melbourne is expecting no issues in convincing new vice-captain Luke McDonald to commit his future to the club, with its reigning best and fairest winner determined to pen a fresh long-term contract at Arden Street.

McDonald capped a breakout campaign with his maiden Syd Barker Medal last year and was further rewarded for his improved form with elevation into the club's leadership group for the first time over the summer.

The 26-year-old is one of 11 Kangaroos players who qualifies for free agency this season, along with fellow established senior talent like Trent Dumont, Shaun Atley, Robbie Tarrant and captain Jack Ziebell.

However, the club's former father-son pick has revealed he is determined to pledge his future to the Kangaroos by signing a new deal as soon as possible.

"I think that's something that will get done sooner rather than later," McDonald told AFL.com.au.

"Obviously, being a North Melbourne man all of my life, I don't see that changing any time soon.

"David Noble has come in and there are a lot of new, young faces around and a lot of new coaches. It's been a really positive summer and there's a really good feeling around the group." - Riley Beveridge

ROOS FREE AGENT PLEDGES FUTURE

North Melbourne is expecting no issues in convincing new vice-captain Luke McDonald to commit his future to the club, with its reigning best and fairest winner determined to pen a fresh long-term contract at Arden Street.

McDonald capped a breakout campaign with his maiden Syd Barker Medal last year and was further rewarded for his improved form with elevation into the club's leadership group for the first time over the summer.

The 26-year-old is one of 11 Kangaroos players who qualifies for free agency this season, along with fellow established senior talent like Trent Dumont, Shaun Atley, Robbie Tarrant and captain Jack Ziebell.

However, the club's former father-son pick has revealed he is determined to pledge his future to the Kangaroos by signing a new deal as soon as possible.

"I think that's something that will get done sooner rather than later," McDonald told AFL.com.au.

"Obviously, being a North Melbourne man all of my life, I don't see that changing any time soon.

"David Noble has come in and there are a lot of new, young faces around and a lot of new coaches. It's been a really positive summer and there's a really good feeling around the group." - Riley Beveridge

If he decided to exercise free agency, I'd just about shut the joint down. He bleeds it.

Feels like when we gave Ziebell that six-year deal. Excessive for a player that is never going to leave the club and has had a pretty inconsistent career to date.

Did you talk crap about him when he was a kid? :D

Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back