Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slowly absorbing Jacobs' soul

Sucks for Ben though
Jacobs currency has all but been killed off.
If Jacobs were to miraculously become fit again Luke is literally taking his spot.
Not saying Jacobs can’t come in and do a job and pick up his usual 20-25 but his fighting for a spot with McDonald who has after 7 years hit his groove.

As you said, sucks to be Ben right now.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been a huge critic of him.

In a dismal year club wise, he's really stepped up.

Something has clicked, maybe the continual joking around has been replaced by full endeavour on and off field.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
someone explain to me why he played back again instead of tagging cripps wtf! Anderson was brilliant in negating cripps after qt but how can you decide to use polec to tag him after the success of the last few weeks. that decision is one of many that cost us the game

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
someone explain to me why he played back again instead of tagging cripps wtf! Anderson was brilliant in negating cripps after qt but how can you decide to use polec to tag him after the success of the last few weeks. that decision is one of many that cost us the game
'Experimenting' is the name given to these moves.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree that it was odd he was back to being a regular defender, but man he really shone out there. Most effective kicks for the game and highest meters gained (Taz was second for both of these FWIW), as well as most intercept marks. His kicking was really quite good, which was still a knock even when he was tagging.

This year he's steadily rebuilding his entire skillset, and it's an amazing turnaround.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is another win for the club in that we have made great progress to regain a lost weapon in jacob.

if mcdonald could become the premium stopper or just a fairly decent one, we will have made great stride.

through the darkness, the shine at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
This is another win for the club in that we have made great progress to regain a lost weapon in jacob.

The amount of "I went to early on (insert name)" makes you think that there's not much footy IQ exhibited around here, hey?

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The amount of "I went to early on (insert name)" makes you think that there's not much footy IQ exhibited around here, hey?

This is bigfooty and not footy central or foxfooty....of course depending on who you talk to, the latter 2 groups aren't much better.

Used it well. I'm not as hot on his game as a lot around here, because he basically didn't play on anyone for most of the game, but he got plenty of it and it generally stayed with us when he kicked it

Having a massive year and deserves to be top 4 in the Syd

3C44ED71-429D-4A20-9A38-65179DC13B11.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back