Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to see where a more creative coach would play him.
Maybe mostly in the VFL. 100 games now and shown a few glimpses: that's probably enough of a sample size.

This.

Looked all sorts of not completely ready. Incompetent move to play him.
He was hopeless ( more so than usual). A turning circle of a semi trailer, more fumbles than Mr Bean, I saw a snail over take him on a run down the wing and Sydney thought about having him as best on ground for them. This is one of the glaringly obvious problems this club has, team selection. If the team on the field last night I'd best 22 my colts would kick their arse.

If you are in Brad's good graces he trusts you

They would have gone to the docs and the docs would have said "he won't make it any worse"

Then BS would have gone to Luke and asked if he was right to go

And Luke because he is Luke would have said yep I'm right to go

And thus Luke plays
That exactly how it works and maybe a needle to take of the edge.

What's with the haircut too? Seriously when your team is at the cellar of the ladder and you are playing some of the worst footy of your career, the time for jokes and fun are over - unless you want your career to head in the same direction.

He's been utter garbage for a year and a half, but I don't know, I'd still be pretty hopeful that he could turn it around under a more demanding coach who sets higher standards. In fact, I think a lot of our problems would be solved if that was the case. It's just too bad it's not going to happen.

What's with the haircut too? Seriously when your team is at the cellar of the ladder and you are playing some of the worst footy of your career, the time for jokes and fun are over - unless you want your career to head in the same direction.
I actually reckon he’s gotten that as a serious haircut tbh. Maybe he thought it was something trendy similar to how every third guy has the Dustin Martin do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking just stat wise his 2017 was very very good.

He hasn’t played a decent game since round 11 2018 and that was 1 of a handful of games he played well in last year.

Must spend at least a month in the VFL to regain form and confidence

Absolutely sick to death of this bloke. Wipe that silly ******* smile off your face, lose the Dumb and Dumber haircut, and hand back the number 11 while you are at it.

Clearly not fit and was in terrible form pre-injury (as other posters have said, for the best part of 18 months).

Back to the VFL. Wouldn't mind seeing him tried in another position. Midfield (if fitness is up to it),or let's see if he's capable of anything as a small forward. He's a liability off half back.

Whoever was involved in extending his contract until the end of 2021 should not be allowed back into Arden Street. What a catastrophic failure in list management.
If I didn't know better, I'd think there must be some kind of nepotism or 'jobs for the boys' kind of funnybuggers going on.

Does Lukey Mac have somebody working on the inside?

:stern look

Four or five spectacular marks.
Potentially game winning effort with spoil, play on and kick inside fifty.

Well played, son.
Yep was very good. Got right round the boys today also which was good to see like the Marley tackle
Luke appears to have been Ben Buckley's sleeper agent on the inside, playing well below ability until the call was made, and then coming to life.

Looked like a professional footballer today.

Not often I've been able to say that about McDonald over the past couple of years.
Or wanting to impress any new potential coaches watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back