Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke McDonald-Future Father Son

Little Hiawatha?

This kid is a gun, played firsts football last year for trinity grammar as a 15 year old against kids 3 years older than him and he held his own.

What sort of player is he - similar to the old man (ie CHF/CHB) or a smaller type??? Who of current AFL players would he be most similar to???

Future Hall of Famer :thumbsu:

*no pressure on the lad of course.

I'm sure we all look forward to following the news of his progress.

Hiawatha? I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm pretty sure he is somewhere between 185cm to 190cm and he is only 16 years old, i reckon he'll end up at about 192-195cm

Ah that makes alot of sense I saw him play school footy a year ago and he was around 182 then. Should reach 192-195 if thats the case! Exciting times! :thumbsu:

I have seen young Luke come up through the YJFL jnr ranks and from even back to under 10's he has been exceptional. He reminds me of a Pavlich/Goodes type. He can play key position, but can dominate on the ball as well. Hope his development continues as we could end up with one Son of a gun...

I have seen young Luke come up through the YJFL jnr ranks and from even back to under 10's he has been exceptional. He reminds me of a Pavlich/Goodes type. He can play key position, but can dominate on the ball as well. Hope his development continues as we could end up with one Son of a gun...

You were the first poster to bring up his name too thumping, ages ago, so you're officially piloting his road train sized bus!

Hope his development continues as we could end up with one Son of a gun...

I would prefer a gun of a son.

I believe it is along these lines.

A young Native Indian boy is curious about he was given his name. He goes to ask his father how Native Indians are named.

"Father, why is my friend Little Cloud named so?"
"Well, in our traditions, children are named after the first thing their parents see after their birth. So Little Cloud's parents probably looked into the sky after he was born. Running Coyote's parents must have seen a wild coyote hunting its prey."

"Why do you ask, Two Dogs ****ing?"

I think we should settle nickname disputes with cage fights.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited by this guy but the reality is if he turns out to be good enough he's still probably 6-8 years away from making a real impact at AFL level. We're going to have to be patient:)

Will certainly be keeping an eye on his U16 performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back