Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Re: Luke McDonald-Future Father Son

Little Hiawatha?

THE MOEMAN

All Australian
Jun 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

This kid is a gun, played firsts football last year for trinity grammar as a 15 year old against kids 3 years older than him and he held his own.

Rooboy 34

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2001
Captains Bar & Bay 34...
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Wanderers CC...

What sort of player is he - similar to the old man (ie CHF/CHB) or a smaller type??? Who of current AFL players would he be most similar to???

Future Hall of Famer :thumbsu:

*no pressure on the lad of course.

I'm sure we all look forward to following the news of his progress.

Hiawatha? I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

i'm pretty sure he is somewhere between 185cm to 190cm and he is only 16 years old, i reckon he'll end up at about 192-195cm

Ah that makes alot of sense I saw him play school footy a year ago and he was around 182 then. Should reach 192-195 if thats the case! Exciting times! :thumbsu:

Oct 29, 2002
Our Native Land.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners,Rooboys,Kangas

I have seen young Luke come up through the YJFL jnr ranks and from even back to under 10's he has been exceptional. He reminds me of a Pavlich/Goodes type. He can play key position, but can dominate on the ball as well. Hope his development continues as we could end up with one Son of a gun...

I have seen young Luke come up through the YJFL jnr ranks and from even back to under 10's he has been exceptional. He reminds me of a Pavlich/Goodes type. He can play key position, but can dominate on the ball as well. Hope his development continues as we could end up with one Son of a gun...

You were the first poster to bring up his name too thumping, ages ago, so you're officially piloting his road train sized bus!

The Zebra

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Jun 29, 2004
Hung Like a Horse
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hope his development continues as we could end up with one Son of a gun...

I would prefer a gun of a son.

I believe it is along these lines.

A young Native Indian boy is curious about he was given his name. He goes to ask his father how Native Indians are named.

"Father, why is my friend Little Cloud named so?"
"Well, in our traditions, children are named after the first thing their parents see after their birth. So Little Cloud's parents probably looked into the sky after he was born. Running Coyote's parents must have seen a wild coyote hunting its prey."

"Why do you ask, Two Dogs ****ing?"

Teffy

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 6, 2011
Norf
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Crutchy Push

I think we should settle nickname disputes with cage fights.

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited by this guy but the reality is if he turns out to be good enough he's still probably 6-8 years away from making a real impact at AFL level. We're going to have to be patient:)

Will certainly be keeping an eye on his U16 performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back