Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll paraphrase your question for you.

"Don't you wanna bag the s**t out of Luke based on his below average season?"

Nah I don't. Luke loves NMFC as much as I do, so nah, I ain't joining that wagon.
You’re missing the point here..
giphy.gif

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Sholl, not the shoes, is totally underrated, was picked in the state team I think

Nearly all the 90s guys were better than good, Very Good was standard
Some wld say Rocky was just Ok skillwise but he played every game 4 Qtrs 100%
Simmo played 300 games was Tough and cld jump over the pack
Bell was a very good footballer
Blakey a very good stopper
King also very good and nasty too
These guys HATED losing

I think ando Simpkin are similar types and hoping ldu and Scott jnr can refly the flag(s)
Ps mckernan shld have won a Brownlow and the norm smith

Funny how we look back on that team. King was better than very good. 2 X All Australian and far from our best player then. How many of those do we have in our current team (sure AA is subjective) but so is going back and trying to compare current teams with ones of the past. A 2 time All Australian would be hands down our best player now ie/ Higgo who would have been a very good player in that team but far from the best! As far as I'm concerned its disrespectful to compare our current team (who haven't played finals for a few years) to that of the 90's. Lets make those comparisons if and when they win multiple flags!

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
The optimist in me see's the game he played against Adelaide in 2017 and thinks he'll perform that way consistently. A few times he stood up in tackles through traffic (showing how strong his core is) and split the game open. It's there and I hope he kicks on in 2019. What a disappoint it'll be if he's a squad player and not one of the leaders and first names picked every week.
Agree, 2017 thought he was destined to be more of a midfield bull than even Cunners especially with JZ moving forward.

Until this year yes. And even this year he wasn't as s**t as you lot (the LMWBC) reckon.

I don't think this is an unfair position but whether he's been reasonable or not I do think it is fair to say that his position (and that of a few best 22 stalwarts of the last 3-4 years) is now more vulnerable than it has been since year 1. He's far from a first picked type at the moment. Personally I think that's a good thing for the club and if he's got the drive and the skill it will be a good thing for his football as well. We shall see.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I don't think this is an unfair position but whether he's been reasonable or not I do think it is fair to say that his position (and that of a few best 22 stalwarts of the last 3-4 years) is now more vulnerable than it has been since year 1. He's far from a first picked type at the moment. Personally I think that's a good thing for the club and if he's got the drive and the skill it will be a good thing for his football as well. We shall see.

I agree. Its great.

I think if LMac gets back to 2017 form he'll be a lock in the side fairly quickly tho.

Could easily be part of the El Qaeda looking at that photo

"El Qaeda"?

Is that like the Spanish arm of the organisation?

Either way, I'm sure you're aware that it's not just militant Muslims who sport those beards.

Weird post.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Q: What is L-Mac’s idea of a balanced diet? A: A pint in each hand.

Luke: "I love you so much, I promise to always put you ahead of everything else."
Brad Scott: "Is that you or the beer talking?"
Luke: "It's me talking to the beer."

Ben Cunnington’s spirit animal is a grizzly bear.
Luke McDonalds is Grey Goose.

Luke only drinks twice a year: End of season footy trip & when it’s not end of season footy trip.

L-Mac walks into a bar and orders a shot of whiskey then looks into his pocket. He does this over and over again. Finally, the bartender asks why he orders a shot of whiskey and afterwards look into his pocket. L-Mac responded, "I have a picture of Micky Martyn in there and when she starts to look good then it’s time to go home."

694DFFB4-DF68-43B2-AC31-85E33FF35A9D.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back